Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 238092 times)

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 6: All Hail Nerjin?
« Reply #1710 on: September 25, 2014, 08:48:56 pm »

Tiruin:
Sheepy sheep
-snip-
No response to me? :(
I didn't see any questions addressed to me. What did you want me to respond to?

Nerjin's use of a kingmaker ability is suspect - he would have to be supremely confident in his own abilites over other peoples, and since he was willing to give scum an easy hammer on MBP based on emotion, that doesn't really add up.
Actually he leveled the idea and presented his stance on the moment--it is to be noted that it is a continuous and understandable stance, given Nerjin's outlook on MBP in the prior days.

However, narrow down reading to the orange part.
...It's like you're subtly saying both are town in that situation. o-o
And add in the factor of emotion--that's only purely known as a result and not the intent, so the conclusion of such and such 'adding up' is already flawed.
I realize he suspected MBP earlier, but my point still stands. I can't imagine that he, as town, would willfully put himself in a situation where the fate of the town rests completely on him, then risk everything in a fit of anger. Even though he didn't end up being the only one with a vote, putting MBP at L-1 at lylo is throwing the game almost as much.

I know I'm presuming that MBP is town, but I said that I was fairly certain he was earlier in the post. And I'm not saying both are town, I'm saying that a situation in which both are town doesn't make much sense.

One of the survivors is probably lying, and Toaster's been confirmed neutral. I don't feel like Toaster's actions line up with a SK's motive, so Silthuri looks like scum.
. . ."Probably?" What makes you say 'probably' instead of anything else? If 'probably', then is there any other suspect other than the survivors?
Note in orange: Check TolyK.
(3-Shot, Night) Fill In The Blanks [target]: Choose one: learn the target’s alignment; or learn what action the target used during the Night; or both, and you can no longer use this ability.
Is Neutral pertaining directly to Survivor? Nein!
I mean, really. I do vividly recall TolyK poking at that exact ideology back in the thread but I'm busy being alone and sad here.

...Also, care to expound the purple part? You feel such... alright. Why?
I say probably because it's not 100% certain. I know he wasn't confirmed to be a survivor, and I'm not saying he was.

Toaster has been very open, forthcoming and willing to help town and hasn't used his probability control in underhanded ways(which would probably be quite easy and useful for him as an SK).

UI's attack on Nerjin gave me a gut feeling of him being opportunistic scum jumping on an easy target, and his action claim last night was suspect.
His attack on Nerjin...being which one again?
Going after Nerjin for his MBP attack at the beginning of the day.

Also action claim being. . .?
UI: Bodyguard Tiruin
This?
Yeah, not guarding the confirmed town.

Who do I think the scum are? 3 of: Silthuri, UI, Cheeetar, Nerjin. Cheeetar and Nerjin cannot both be scum, so I guess it must be Silthuri and UI and either one of them. The other is probably the SK, or it could be Toaster. If there's anything missing in my logic, tell me.
@Orange: Yes.
...How you got there.
Those people are scum for the reasons I gave above, and process of elimination. Out of the eight players, you, me, Toaster and MBP are not scum, so the scum are in the other four. A Cheeetar/Nerjin pair would have hammered for the win already, so they're not scum.

Also I'm assuming three scum instead of four because the game is still going on.
Actually, since it's a kingmaker scenario with an SK around, it's possible for there to be four.
I don't fully understand how that's a possibility. If so: then oh wow my feelings >_>
Even if they're half the town, they don't necessarily control the lynch today, and another of them could die to the SK in the night, making a town win possible with four scum.

If Silthuri and UI are telling the truth, is lynching either of them pointless? If UI's scum and we're at lylo, won't we lose if he doesn't die when we lynch him? Same with Silthuri?

Hang on. Everyone: What happened with your panic?

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: September 25, 2014, 08:54:13 pm »

As far as I know, I'm still panicked. I was never notified about being free of it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: September 25, 2014, 09:06:24 pm »

Wow, this extension has been super useful. No wonder everyone suggested it!
Yes it is useful Mr Snark.
I dislike how you snark right now >_>

Oh, as if everyone ELSE can do something but suggest for an extend <_<
Nerjin, Tiruin- do you have any insights/changes of thought since you last posted? I haven't! Still probably gonna lynch Silthuri here.
I gave my insight :<
Preferable: TWS is the lynch target; least priority being Toaster/Silthuri.
And you're somehow still sticking with Silthuri over the rest...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: September 25, 2014, 09:14:30 pm »

Also action claim being. . .?
UI: Bodyguard Tiruin
This?
Yeah, not guarding the confirmed town.
And I'm not under suspect because...?
(I mean I'm sure you took the idea that I can guard too, right? And read it back there?)

What's your read on me, given the above posts of yours?

I realize he suspected MBP earlier, but my point still stands. I can't imagine that he, as town, would willfully put himself in a situation where the fate of the town rests completely on him, then risk everything in a fit of anger. Even though he didn't end up being the only one with a vote, putting MBP at L-1 at lylo is throwing the game almost as much.

I know I'm presuming that MBP is town, but I said that I was fairly certain he was earlier in the post. And I'm not saying both are town, I'm saying that a situation in which both are town doesn't make much sense.
...You do know it doesn't rest completely on him, right?
And this fit of anger--being you judging after the event has passed. During that event, his reads have matched his idea of MBP :V

I say probably because it's not 100% certain. I know he wasn't confirmed to be a survivor, and I'm not saying he was.

Toaster has been very open, forthcoming and willing to help town and hasn't used his probability control in underhanded ways(which would probably be quite easy and useful for him as an SK).
Right...

What's your reads on everyone in particular?

Going after Nerjin for his MBP attack at the beginning of the day.
So how is this an opportunistic scum feeling?

Those people are scum for the reasons I gave above, and process of elimination. Out of the eight players, you, me, Toaster and MBP are not scum, so the scum are in the other four. A Cheeetar/Nerjin pair would have hammered for the win already, so they're not scum.
Nerjin
Cheeetar
Imp -> TheWetSheep

Tiruin
Toaster

Jiokuy -> Mysteriousbluepuppet
Silthuri

You've an interesting way of judging people, TWS. Given that last paragraph, you've found 4 innocents! Or non-scum :v
Leaving Silthuri and Toaster!
...Yeah. ::)

Check my bolded questions above to you.

As far as I know, I'm still panicked. I was never notified about being free of it.

Why is there brevity in your posts? :O

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: September 25, 2014, 09:41:47 pm »

Well... not always 100% forthcoming- re: blocking everyone but MBP that one time, not wanting to tell us about his other auto.

Wouldn't a scum Nerjin have hammered Urist when he was around for my vote on him - wouldn't a scum Cheeetar have hammered MBP when I was around for Nerjin's vote on him? So... do you think there's only 2 scum, or do you disagree with my/your combined thoughts?

If Silthuri and UI are telling the truth, is lynching either of them pointless? If UI's scum and we're at lylo, won't we lose if he doesn't die when we lynch him? Same with Silthuri?

If we assume they're scum, we should also assume they're lying about their roles - concealing daykills and such.

It's still on me. Remembering it exists makes me a bit happier, because I just realised Silthuri can't activate her vote steal anyway!
Toaster: Block Silthuri's everything- if she's SK you want her lynched, and she has counterclaimed survivor- assuming you're telling the truth, you're most concerned with her death right now. I think she's scum, but you don't want to inadvertently save the SK do you?

Nerjin, Tiruin- do you have any insights/changes of thought since you last posted? I haven't! Still probably gonna lynch Silthuri here.
I gave my insight :<
Preferable: TWS is the lynch target; least priority being Toaster/Silthuri.
And you're somehow still sticking with Silthuri over the rest...

TWS is less viable as a lynch target for me. There is one thing really niggling at me about TWS still, though, and that's that he has no idea of how he has a vote. Did somebody hide him or something?

Do we have a full roleclaim & action claim for all players yet?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: September 25, 2014, 09:42:36 pm »

And yes: I appreciate the insights, but I'm not convinced it's TWS, or that Silthuri isn't scummy.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: September 25, 2014, 09:51:10 pm »

*Bloop*
There's the links in that post :O
Now we don't have a vote pattern count yet, because ZU's lurkertracker seems grumpy at me to not be able to post a permanent link to it.

And yes: I appreciate the insights, but I'm not convinced it's TWS, or that Silthuri isn't scummy.
. . .Why again? I'm a tad bit forgetful :x
What measures tips the scales in favor of one or the other, and what value do you put to it that makes them scummy?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: September 25, 2014, 10:00:06 pm »

*Bloop*
There's the links in that post :O
Now we don't have a vote pattern count yet, because ZU's lurkertracker seems grumpy at me to not be able to post a permanent link to it.

Cheers!

What measures tips the scales in favor of one or the other, and what value do you put to it that makes them scummy?

As I see it, the only thing that distinguishes TWS from Silthuri or UI in terms of scumminess (they've all been pretty inactive) is that TWS is able to vote (claims to have no idea why). Whereas Silthuri has been inactive and also counterclaimed Toaster with a fairly unconvincing roleclaim.
I've played some mafia.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: September 25, 2014, 10:19:46 pm »

bluh

I haven't been able to give this game any attention recently. Will post tomorrow.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: September 26, 2014, 12:26:18 am »

As I see it, the only thing that distinguishes TWS from Silthuri or UI in terms of scumminess (they've all been pretty inactive) is that TWS is able to vote (claims to have no idea why). Whereas Silthuri has been inactive and also counterclaimed Toaster with a fairly unconvincing roleclaim.
@_@
Will check up on that...
I mean, you have a clear idea why.
Nerjin has one (because.)
Tiruin:
Sheepy sheep
-snip-
No response to me? :(
I didn't see any questions addressed to me. What did you want me to respond to?
Other than those in my above post (Reads :I), what about this:
Do you have any idea in your role, that pertains to resisting whatever Nerjin did?

Anyway back to Cheet.

..Silthuri doesn't look like she's counterclaiming at all--rather just claiming.
Also given your SilthuriScum idea, do you think her inactivity has anything at all to do with her being scum and her actions as scum?
...Like, anything that overrides the idea of lynching either UI or TWS first?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: September 26, 2014, 01:35:42 am »

It's a counterclaim because I don't honestly think we'd have an endgame dominated by four third parties (two survivors, one sk, one brother) and 3 scum. That would leave only one town, and that's silly, so Silthuri claiming survivor is basically her claiming that Toaster isn't survivor. I think her inactivity is equally as scummy as UI & TWS's is- it's not specifically her being inactive that makes me think she's scummy (it makes me think of all of them as scummy), it's primarily her claim of survivor that singles her out as 'most scum'.

Misc. thought: The only indication we have that Toaster's control of luck is an auto and not a normal ability (that is, he can choose to use it but if he does he can't use his other stuff) is Toaster himself.
I've played some mafia.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: September 26, 2014, 01:42:44 am »

Misc. thought: The only indication we have that Toaster's control of luck is an auto and not a normal ability (that is, he can choose to use it but if he does he can't use his other stuff) is Toaster himself.
Everyone: Recount failures.

It's a counterclaim because I don't honestly think we'd have an endgame dominated by four third parties (two survivors, one sk, one brother) and 3 scum. That would leave only one town, and that's silly, so Silthuri claiming survivor is basically her claiming that Toaster isn't survivor. I think her inactivity is equally as scummy as UI & TWS's is- it's not specifically her being inactive that makes me think she's scummy (it makes me think of all of them as scummy), it's primarily her claim of survivor that singles her out as 'most scum'.
And so you're valuing Silthuri OVER TWS/UI?
In the least, she has a higher 'chance' of being the SK than them, and we're facing a full house of scum here.

...And the above doesn't push forward an agenda of wanting Silthuri over UI/TWS, in any terms of 'scum = lynched'...
If UI is lynched, something something extra day + Labrador God activate comes into play.
TWS seems the best...really.

But I'll get back to ya after I actually nudge ZU's lurkertracker enough.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: September 26, 2014, 02:20:54 am »

Whether or not they've claimed to have a revive should have nothing to do with whether or not I lynch them. If I lynch them, it is because I have decided they are the most scummy, and thus I believe they are scum and should not believe their roleclaims for one instant.
Let's say, in a hypothetical situation, I knew Toaster's alignment for sure. If he were survivor or SK, it still wouldn't make me think Silthuri was more likely to be telling the truth/lying- I'd still think she was scum.

Everyone: Recount failures.

Received a failure message every night but Night 5.
I've played some mafia.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: September 26, 2014, 02:27:16 am »

Whether or not they've claimed to have a revive should have nothing to do with whether or not I lynch them. If I lynch them, it is because I have decided they are the most scummy, and thus I believe they are scum and should not believe their roleclaims for one instant.
Let's say, in a hypothetical situation, I knew Toaster's alignment for sure. If he were survivor or SK, it still wouldn't make me think Silthuri was more likely to be telling the truth/lying- I'd still think she was scum.
So why not play it safer by targeting someone else? If Silthuri is scum, woo. We've uncovered a plot plan. If she's the SK, boo. Game Over. If she's a survivor: Bloop. There goes our weapon for the day.

You believe they're scum? There are other targets--and I'd rather you poke at one that doesn't have a chance of being the SK.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: September 26, 2014, 04:43:39 am »

But not Urist Imiknoriss, right?
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 123