Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 238043 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen
« Reply #1770 on: September 27, 2014, 07:10:30 pm »

Also, if that was the case, why not make him a mafia-ally?  The role you gave him actually gave him a high chance of winning.

Okay, maybe mafia-ally would be a little too mean.  Fun for WIFOM, but little more.  Maybe the brother of one of the sk's?  So that they only win with a specific one.
Eh. I was expecting SKs to be lynched/killed more often.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: September 27, 2014, 07:29:09 pm »

Which is to say lynched/killed before endgame.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: September 27, 2014, 07:35:54 pm »

What an incredible game. So sorry for lying about being your brother, Tiruin! Would everybody call me an even bigger liar if I said that I suspected there was more than one SK (didn't suspect anything on this level, of course.) I didn't want to say that because then everyone would know one of them was me. Also: it is amazing that all the SKs survived until the end. Shakerag must have been so beside himself. This is going to be a great deadchat.

Quote from: Flabort's Dead Chat
Cheeetar is probably going to die today.
If he's the SK as expected, I'll be mighty surprised if he has any chance of winning.

Also- jesus, IronyOwl was correct about a lot.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 07:55:59 pm by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: September 27, 2014, 07:47:51 pm »

What an incredible game. So sorry for lying about being your brother, Tiruin! Would everybody call me an even bigger liar if I said that I suspected there was more than one SK (didn't suspect anything on this level, of course.) I didn't want to say that because then everyone would know one of them was me. Also: it is amazing that all the SKs survived until the end. Shakerag must have been so beside himself. This is going to be a great deadchat.

If he's the SK as expected, I'll be mighty surprised if he has any chance of winning.
Until Webadict spoiled it. In deadchat. :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: September 27, 2014, 08:13:29 pm »

Until Webadict spoiled it. In deadchat. :P
It's not very fun to hold the secret of the whole game while watching, especially when it's hilarious.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: September 27, 2014, 08:15:25 pm »

...yes.
Unless it's even more fun to keep that secret.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: September 27, 2014, 08:16:14 pm »

...yes.
The overall fun of watching is certainly more hilarious than the sudden WTF moment at the end.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: September 27, 2014, 08:18:58 pm »

...yes.
The overall fun of watching is certainly more hilarious than the sudden WTF moment at the end.
Agreed.

Actually, I had an interesting question to pose: should players who replace out for whatever reason be allowed to read and post in the deadchat on the grounds that they say nothing of their role?  They already have investment in the game and are effectively out of the game, much as dead players are.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: September 27, 2014, 08:22:45 pm »

If they have the time to be engaged in the game via deadchat, they can probably afford the time to post as an actual player. It'd be super cool if people could sign up at the start of the game as 'spectators' and never be able to post or have a role but would know what the deadchat and mafiachats etc. were.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: September 27, 2014, 08:24:37 pm »

If they have the time to be engaged in the game via deadchat, they can probably afford the time to post as an actual player. It'd be super cool if people could sign up at the start of the game as 'spectators' and never be able to post or have a role but would know what the deadchat and mafiachats etc. were.
So, spoil specs?  We tend to avoid those, as they leave less interested players in the replacement pool.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: September 27, 2014, 08:26:59 pm »

Ah. Reasonable enough- did not think about that.
I've played some mafia.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: September 27, 2014, 08:29:57 pm »

Sometimes people have to replace out for temporary reasons, such as overwhelming homework or surgery or whatnot, but are free later on.  They need to replace out so that they don't just leave people hanging for a week or whatever, but when they get back they don't have anything to do, but have investment in the game.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: September 27, 2014, 08:37:09 pm »

I could have done so much more with that role if I'd only lived. I liked the set up, the chances of town being nk'd every night instead of SKs was like a black turning up everytime on the roulette table...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: September 27, 2014, 09:36:48 pm »

Oh man. This game.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: September 27, 2014, 09:38:41 pm »

I am rather annoyed right now. Like... Quite furious at how this went down. I'm not sure if it's the setup or just how it ended up happening. Bah... All I know is that I'm all played out on mafia for a while...

Good game everyone.

Except Puppet. Fuck puppet.

In the end my enjoyment of this game ranks above The Great Temple. So that's kinda nice.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 123