Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28

Author Topic: Slingblock: A noob fortress - Free Socks* (Details inside)  (Read 38715 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Noob Fortress - Welcome to Slingblock!
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2014, 11:51:29 pm »

I thought we could subsist entirely on alchohol before I go messing about with the caverns or controlled cave-ins. It's nearly spring anyway, so the experts here can figure that out, I think.

Related: The still just. . . melted, I think. Apparently brewing generated enough heat to melt it. Odd, since nothing else seems to be melting. Ah well, we have stone.

Also, an upright *adamantine longsword* appears in my building list. What shall I do about this development. . . ? (It's at z=-115.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2014, 01:21:43 am »

I thought we could subsist entirely on alchohol before I go messing about with the caverns or controlled cave-ins. It's nearly spring anyway, so the experts here can figure that out, I think.

Related: The still just. . . melted, I think. Apparently brewing generated enough heat to melt it. Odd, since nothing else seems to be melting. Ah well, we have stone.

Also, an upright *adamantine longsword* appears in my building list. What shall I do about this development. . . ? (It's at z=-115.
...That has bad feeling all over it, just be ready for something to come out of that
Edit:Also, are you building in the ice layer or stone layer?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 01:23:54 am by Evilsx »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2014, 01:30:40 am »

Ice layer. I've smoothed most of the major areas, which should prevent them from melting due to unexpected !!Fun!!, but I have reached the stone layer. I've mined out some limonite and ran into a few unremarkable gemstones. Oh, and a clothier failed a strange mood despite having the requested materials available and is now standing in the meeting hall starving to death.

Let's hope the masterwork carvings prevent too much unhappiness.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 01:53:17 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2014, 02:09:53 am »

And that's a year. 4maskwolf, your turn.
GM of Trespassers V2.

August

• Bay Watcher
  • "No, Urist. You are the Goblins."
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2014, 02:10:14 am »

By Armok's beard, we've embarked above... oh Gods.
Yeah, just go ahead and not worry about that. For now.

Ice layer. I've smoothed most of the major areas, which should prevent them from melting due to unexpected !!Fun!!, but I have reached the stone layer. I've mined out some limonite and ran into a few unremarkable gemstones. Oh, and a clothier failed a strange mood despite having the requested materials available and is now standing in the meeting hall starving to death.

Who was our clothier?
Welcome to the forums, August!
Please leave your sanity on the coat hanger to your left.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2014, 02:14:45 am »

By Armok's beard, we've embarked above... oh Gods.
Yeah, just go ahead and not worry about that. For now.

Who was our clothier?

For the first part, I'd like to point out that I'm not the one who picked out the evil glacier of death.

For the seconds, it was somethingsomething Crushedgravels or the like. She wasn't all that important, and the mood was a possessed one anyway. I'm just hoping her husband (who is some mostly-insignificant migrant) doesn't take issue when she dies.
GM of Trespassers V2.

August

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2014, 02:45:14 am »

-snip-

For the first part, I'd like to point out that I'm not the one who picked out the evil glacier of death.
Armok demands blood!

For the seconds, it was somethingsomething Crushedgravels or the like. She wasn't all that important, and the mood was a possessed one anyway. I'm just hoping her husband (who is some mostly-insignificant migrant) doesn't take issue when she dies.
Hopefully if this is the only unhappy thought he's had, he should be fine.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2014, 02:55:35 am »

Going to have an look at the fortress and post some picture for the people here, if that is fine

Edit: Welcome to the first year of 'Noob Fortress' (Slingblock) under KingMurdoc
Top of the fortress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Craftsman Floor
Main Floor
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 07:15:58 am by Evilsx »

August

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2014, 11:18:56 am »

Looks pretty good so far. How's the food situation?
I don't play with tilesets. When it comes my turn, I'll be able to play default ascii right? Or is it world specific?

Nail

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud hypocrite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2014, 02:06:03 pm »

You just put in fresh raws(if you didn't mod anything) or just use the lasy-newb-pack to update your savegames.(I recommend the latter.)
left eye

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2014, 04:06:41 pm »

Oh, I made the ice wolves trainable, btw.
GM of Trespassers V2.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2014, 04:56:12 pm »

Those screenshots look pretty neat. How do I go about installing those graphics?
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2014, 05:12:00 pm »

Those screenshots look pretty neat. How do I go about installing those graphics?
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7728
Just place the 'Raw' and 'Data' in the same files and it should work

Nail

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud hypocrite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2014, 05:16:20 pm »

As before it's propably the easyest to use the LNP
EDIT: ninja'd
left eye

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2014, 07:08:55 pm »

I disappear for awhile, and I get turned into a Marksdwarf. Also, we appear to be in a evil glacier! Fun!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28