Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [idea] Dancefortress  (Read 1440 times)

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
[idea] Dancefortress
« on: July 19, 2014, 10:33:30 am »

Hi people of the forum, I'm at a hackathon today, they happen to be bringing ddr pads with usb adapters(or something similar), and I had this wonderful, awful, terrible idea,  Why not control dwarf fortress with a ddr pad? It can't be that bad right?

Is there any interest in this utility?

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [idea] Dancefortress
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 12:58:45 pm »

It would be pretty cool. You could use synchronized arrows like in DDR for the adventure mode menu stuff, then like walk around the map on the TV, would be kind of like duck hunt but a little darker :).

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 05:45:57 pm »

what about with a gamepad/xbox controller?im sure there is enough buttons on a gamepad to play adventure mode,and with a gui interface it might work for fortress mode. (hit B/Circle,brings up a menu letting you choose between build(b)/designate(d)/Building(q) menus with the D-pad, X/Square could bring up Squad(s)/Military(m)/Nobles(n)/unit(v/look(k).)
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 07:54:34 pm »

I guess if you had a remote machine running DF you could hack together something resembling Webfort, dfterm, DFEverywhere* or DorfServer and play it remotely on a XBox, but I'm not so sure.

*when it's released, that is

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 09:16:04 pm »

You can use xbox controllers on a pc