Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79]

Author Topic: [0.43.05] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 191137 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.43.05] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!
« Reply #1170 on: August 20, 2017, 01:17:54 am »

In a small region, 2-cavern max, 20 starting civ, for 150 year world-gen, I have 1 dying dwarf civ left. 

I opened a tavern for all early, and I have Honey Badger Bards, Greater Badger Berserker mercenaries. 

Nakash Dancers, Goblin Dancer soon followed. 

Then Frost Ettin Bard and Spearmans merc. 

So far so good.  I started getting Blood Cyclopse mercs, Greater Ogre mercs. 

Then Eldjotun Recruit joined, to my dismay, this guy breathes fire and end up killing my dwarf captain. 

I also have a War Elephant merc who went enraged while sparring with my dwarf captain who survived, but that was scarry.

Some 5 years later, those who petition started petitioning to be citizens. 

I feel it is kinda iffy to have Eldjotun and War Elephant recruits. 

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: November 03, 2017, 05:05:45 pm »

I threw these together ages ago, but never really got around to posting them for some reason. War Elephants in the GemSet style. Assorted ranged-weapon spots are currently just a default armored elephant, because I couldn't really think of a good way to have them wield a bow, but better than nothing.

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 12, 2017, 02:02:34 pm »

Hello,
I'm trying to mod my DF using LNP, specifically with Fortress Defense II. Dwarf Fortress Hangs when I try to embark after setting up my embark.
The error log points to a problem at finalizing creatures. It has an issue with not recognizing tokens. Is this due to trying to mod the LNP DF or am I doing something absolutely wrong?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[0.43.05] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21 + War & Mythos
« Reply #1173 on: November 16, 2017, 11:54:34 pm »

Hello,
I'm trying to mod my DF using LNP, specifically with Fortress Defense II. Dwarf Fortress Hangs when I try to embark after setting up my embark.
The error log points to a problem at finalizing creatures. It has an issue with not recognizing tokens. Is this due to trying to mod the LNP DF or am I doing something absolutely wrong?

Darkflagrance mentioned there had been mysterious crashing as his last message. Errors with creatures = doom. Adding many civilizations into DF is harrowing work, in the best case scenario.

Wanted to mention here, that I'm testing out select parts of FDII in Dark Ages for the next release. It's turning out pretty sexy. Unfortunately, it looks like Darkflagrance has been gone a long while now as I planned to ask if he had any objections.

I'm using a fairly small % of FDII and blending it in. Turns out, a number of powerful monsters overlap between the mods already. If FDII players have suggestions, let me know so I can take them into consideration before the Dark Ages v37 release.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 12:09:50 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages III: War & Mythos: Dark Age has fallen upon the world of Dwarf Fortress.
http://AdventRPG.com/warandmyth.html
Moonbase Down: Enter a fearful Sci-Fi jaunt into a procedurally generated Moonbase.
http://MoonbaseDown.com/

ildabaoth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: January 24, 2018, 08:58:52 pm »

Hi guys,

My apologies if this has already been answered. I searched, but I didn't find anything. I have an issue with Dark stranglers. I've had a few waves of sieges by them. Nothing too hard with iron armor besides the ocasional punch in the head that destroys the upper spine. The problem is, their corpses are butchered and whereas their bones, skulls and leather can be used, there are other parts called dark strangler bronze (or dark strangler leg/arm bronze or so) which apparently can't be processed. I tried melting them and the dark strangler bronzes (apparently not the arm/legs, tho) are taken to the furnaces and it seems the operator melts them, but the outcome is dark strangler bronze again.

Is there something that can be done beyond atom smashing them? I could also entirely refuse to process the corpses, but the bones, skulls and leather are useful (trying to limit my farm animals to prevent DPS reduction).

Thanks.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Just wanted to let you know that this exists:

Vordak made a full set of 32x sprites for your invaders. :)

You can get it here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165118.msg7753886#msg7753886
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79]