Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25

Author Topic: [0.43.05] ✫ DF Wanderer ✫ (R21): Taffer's update/merge /w Modest Mod in 1stpost.  (Read 139110 times)

Roxfall

• Bay Watcher
  • Evrywundies
    • View Profile

Macros work just fine in this without df hack.

Dozebôm Lolumzalės

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test

Reactions only give skill for a product, not a decoration. I don't know how vanilla gem encrusting works, it's probably hardcoded. Make an "experience" product that evaporates at room temperature or something.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

I am a derpdragon. I could've sworn this used to also be called Wanderer's Friend, thus causing glorious confusion between this and Lofn's mod. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have to ask,do you think that the new crafting updates that we're going to will make it easier to implement this mod?

Tho I'm a bit concerned that the updates are going to render the crafting mechanics of this(and RD's version of this) mod useless.
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

I have to ask,do you think that the new crafting updates that we're going to will make it easier to implement this mod?

Tho I'm a bit concerned that the updates are going to render the crafting mechanics of this(and RD's version of this) mod useless.

Not quite. At least, the way it is now, the current mechanism for bonecarving in vanilla DF can't be applied CONSISTENTLY with all the different things mods enable.

For example? Thread, cloth, metal bars, and paper sheets do not work right in adventure-mode reactions. You risk causing things, like...well, for example:

And then there's the way bonecarving reactions work in adventure mode. The vanilla reactions work fine because the things you can craft are all small items that logically only need 1 unit of bone. But if you want an item that logically needs MORE than 1?

More bugs. Instead of demanding the right amount of units of bone, such a recipe will demand multiple STACKS of bone, and subsequently drain 1 unit from each stack.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

snip
Let's just hope it won't take too long until we have working vanilla crafting systems because I really want to keep adding to my collection of  teeth necklaces,skull crowns and bone rings.

Also,shields with boogeyman skulls to scare people.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

...boggeyman skulls. Aren't those sentient though? So even if you work around their dissolving into smoke, you can't use them until the "can't use body materials from sentient creatures" bug is fixed.

Unless they aren't sentient, not sure. o.O
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...boggeyman skulls. Aren't those sentient though? So even if you work around their dissolving into smoke, you can't use them until the "can't use body materials from sentient creatures" bug is fixed.

Unless they aren't sentient, not sure. o.O

I did it before Toady made all of the adventurers become scared of butchering corpses.And if recall it well,boogeyman remains will not puff away if you store them into your pack before sunrise.I managed to carry a skull with me and even beat people with it. :)

Also some people write books iin forgotten beast leather during worldgen so I guess I'm nothing compared to the necromancers....
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 02:06:29 pm by King_of_Baboons »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

Huehuehue. Oh wait. Ohgodwut. That gives me an idea.

If you stash a boogeyman corpse to preserve it, can it be raised as a zombie? Or are they except by counting as unliving?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe?Because they bleed and I never seen them attack livestock before.....so it's a possibility.

But I guess that when the game realizes there is a boogeyman still walking during the day it will go "SHIT,HE BROKE THE MATRIX!ABORT!ABORT!"
then either the game wil crash or the boogeyman will puff away.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Release 18 is out!

Rewrote all reactions to go in categories, separated them appropriately.
Spent a lot of time writing reaction descriptions, which apparently do not show up >.<

Additions:
Added descriptions and tool usage hints to all reactions.
Added ability to craft bone greaves and boots (before it was helm/breastplate only).
Added ability to make wooden crutches (before it was bone only).
Added ability to forge metal boots and chainmail.
Can carve stone rings/bracelets/amulets/figurines now.
Can knap bone daggers.
Can make wooden amulets now.
Can use bones instead of sticks in mallet/stone arrows/stone bolts reaction.

Fixes:
Armor breakdown trains armorsmithing instead of armor skill.
Burning sticks returns ashes.
Smelting pit renamed to forging pit, its assembly is moved into "tools" category.
Some stoneworking reactions no longer require mallet (they were too complex).
Weapon breakdown trains weaponsmithing instead of armor skill.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 08:53:15 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

sokmund

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Interface file in Init folder of this mod is outdated and because of that custom crafting menu is not working properly.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Reuploaded 18b with correct interface file.
If you don't want to redownload the archive, just replace /data/init/interface.txt with the one from vanilla 0.42.06.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile

Alrighty, installing the mod and porting my customized dingo men data over went faster then I expected. That and some init and tissue changes. Now I just need to create a new world and test it. Looking forward to having my warrioress half clad in quality bone gear (no upper and lower armor parts as I need to save carry weight for other stuff)

EDIT: First issue with the mod: My character is all of a sudden left handed and so shield always goes to the right hand. How do I fix this?

EDIT2: Ugh, not a mod issue but could be. Not sure, damnit. I'm right handed myself and having my character left handed is beyond irritating.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:06:43 am by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Hey Deon, I sent you a PM about this but the forum must've eaten it or something. Could I integrate this mod into one I am making (with minor tweaks)?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25