Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25

Author Topic: [0.43.05] ✫ DF Wanderer ✫ (R21): Taffer's update/merge /w Modest Mod in 1stpost.  (Read 139359 times)

Salperticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

- Cooking: salad making from leaves.

I am not sure if I just overlook it, but can it be that this reaction is not available in the current version?
I picked the Phoebus version for 2015, linked in the first post.
It is not that the reaction is failing, but it is missing completely for me.

On another note, is there any way to get gloves / mittens / gauntlets in this mod?
I have read a few pages earlier that it is not possible to include them in the reactions, because they are made in left and right variants.
But maybe I can somehow include them in some form of "cheating" for my character?

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile

On another note, is there any way to get gloves / mittens / gauntlets in this mod?
I have read a few pages earlier that it is not possible to include them in the reactions, because they are made in left and right variants.
But maybe I can somehow include them in some form of "cheating" for my character?

Yeah about those, seems there's indeed no way to define a left/right gauntlet, glove, mitten. The only tool that can do that is DFhack with 'createitem' function. Like so in the DFhack console while in 'z' screen aka character's status screen:

Code: [Select]
createitem GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_GAUNTLETS INORGANIC:STEEL 1

And to change their quality from ordinary to masterful then either use DFtool which is alot easier to use or use 'gui/gm-editor' while being in the item-your-looking at screen, the one where the items weight is shown. It brings up a menu where you should see the name 'quality' and next to it '0 (Ordinary)', change that to whatever you like.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Salperticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks a bunch for the quick reply.
I will give that a try.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

Cooking in adventure mode does not work. Flat-out. Well, if the end result is prepared meals. Unless you use heretical DFHack magic. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

- Cooking: salad making from leaves.

I am not sure if I just overlook it, but can it be that this reaction is not available in the current version?
I picked the Phoebus version for 2015, linked in the first post.
It is not that the reaction is failing, but it is missing completely for me.

I probably did not update the post in time. I did cut it out because it was too easy to get meals anywhere, and I was not willing to make a more complex reaction while there's a lot of other food sources. If you have fun ideas, I will be happy to implement them later.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

I probably did not update the post in time. I did cut it out because it was too easy to get meals anywhere, and I was not willing to make a more complex reaction while there's a lot of other food sources. If you have fun ideas, I will be happy to implement them later.

Not like leaving it in was a good idea anyway. See:

Cooking in adventure mode does not work. Flat-out. Well, if the end result is prepared meals. Unless you use heretical DFHack magic. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not like leaving it in was a good idea anyway. See:

The only thing I just understood was basically that: Prepared food is heresy, and heresy grows from idleness (going by the quote from Warhammer40k), prepared food has been idle for far too long so it went over to the forces of chaos as too much blood and raw meat were consumed in Adventure Mode instead of prepared meals.

The only thing an DF adventurer can eat prepared without mods and sorcery is for example: 'prepared brain' or 'prepared meat'. Oh dear, food is heresy! *eats heresy*

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Oh my F G.

We have state holidays. I work almost alone, so much work.

Then STELLARIS AND DF PATCH COME OUT ON THE SAME DAY! *cries profusely*

Ahem.

Sorry for the delay, tons of work and I am going to play at least one game of Stellaris :).
Then I will make sure to update the mod and include new features.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

..Then STELLARIS AND DF PATCH COME OUT ON THE SAME DAY! *cries profusely*

Ahem.

Sorry for the delay, tons of work and I am going to play at least one game of Stellaris :).
Then I will make sure to update the mod and include new features.

What!? I too just started playing Stellaris and just got the DF news by refreshing the page and reading that the new version's out. :o

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

Hnnng, I'm gonna have to update my mods tomorrow. Glorious.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

0.43.02 - DF Wanderer (release 20) is out.

And here's the full update to the new release.

Most of reactions (besides ammo crafting, trinket carving and a few others) require to build a carpenter's workshop first.
That's a placeholder until Toady allows us to make custom workshops. Then I will go wild with thematic crafting stations :).

All reactions are updated accordingly.
Fixes vanilla crafting typos.

I took my time to remove all the "branches" I carefully added in to each tree just in the previous version of the game. If only I knew :D.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 11:35:55 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

Cute. I'm thinking I might make shields in my mod demand a log instead of a branch. Already I scrapped the vanilla reaction in favor of the mod's existing "no workshop needed" version.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I was going to check and yes, shields here require a log, unless it's a leather shield which requires a stick for the frame.

CHecking that, I noticed: VANILLA has an error! All training weapon products are marked as a shield, while they should clearly be WEAPON type. I am reuploading the mod with a fix ASAP.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

Ack, That's something Toady presumably will fix in the next update, but I oughta fix that for the mod too. @_@

And yeah, I'll likely too that both for realism (good luck taking a single stick and making a shield), and for gameplay balance. If you start off as an outsider, the other two options for shields (leather and metal) require some effort to make. But if all you have to do is pull off a branch, there's no reason to bother with the other types of shield.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

0.43.02 - DF Wanderer (release 20) is out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Acghk, tempted to grab it but that means starting my world and progress all over again. Eh, I can manage with the old crafting raws as I can edit them on the go to spawn-create something I need without in-depth hassle. TBH it's the crafting part of the mod I originally needed as I can do without the creature changes of the mod.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25