Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25

Author Topic: [0.43.05] ✫ DF Wanderer ✫ (R21): Taffer's update/merge /w Modest Mod in 1stpost.  (Read 139186 times)

Forwe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've tried to "assemble a stone axe" with a stick and sharp rock, but it made a "shale mortar" for some reason
EDIT Not sure whether it changes anything or not, but it was with a fresh install, Phoebus version
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 03:25:44 pm by Forwe »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

I've tried to "assemble a stone axe" with a stick and sharp rock, but it made a "shale mortar" for some reason

I would assume that the product for the reaction is an item token that's a tool, but not the correct ID for stone axes.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Thanks for the report, I was including the Toady's reactions in a hurry and probably made a typo. I will make a fix soon, should work on save games.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Derp, it was easier than that. I just worked on ASCII version, and then quickly moved changes to graphic version, and forgot to include the axe.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Release 20a:
- Added stone axe tool to the graphics raws as well.
- Removed no longer used "smelting pit" (now Carpenter's workshop is used for most of reactions anyway, since that's the only workshop we can build for now).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile

I am having trouble with leatherworking

I have 2 stacks of rough skin
2 rough skin and 15 rough skin but when i attempt to make leather it says I need a third rough skin(?)
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

TechnoScrabble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a version of this mod that only adds the crafting for adventure mode? I don't really want the other stuff.

EDIT: Also, why does using this mod force LNP to keep DFHack disabled, and screw around with so many of the options?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 04:29:25 pm by TechnoScrabble »

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I liked the look of this mod, but it wasn't updated to 0.43.05 and reviewing the raws with a diff utility, there were a number of little fixes here and there in the vanilla RAWs that Wanderer hadn't incorporated. (For example, Wanderer's muskox don't have horns, Gorlaks can't open doors). So I cleaned and updated it. Lots of differences that weren't mentioned in the OP and didn't seem to be in the scope of the mod. If it's not mentioned in the OP and didn't seem like a deliberate change, it's been removed. In the process, the files picked up a few minor fixes.

Creature_reptiles has been updated, and Wanderer's material changes added to the new creatures. I wasn't at all sure what to do with the plants files, as the original post doesn't mention anything that explains the extensive changes: I kept the new plant_potions file, but deleted the others: they didn't seem to be referencing plant_potions and were far too different from 0.43.05's raw files to easily sort out. I can harvest branches and craft things perfectly fine with the vanilla plants files intact, but perhaps I'm missing something.

I probably screwed up in places, but I get no errors with this on vanilla 0.43.05, provided that reaction_adv_carpenter.txt is deleted. It should be easier to update to new releases now using diff utilities, and easier to blend this with other mods. This is still Deon's work on Bay 12's files. I'm mostly just posting this so that Deon can consider using the files. I'm still uncertain why some tags are duplicated: ie, [NATURAL_SKILL:DISCIPLINE:*] is duplicated for many of the creature_megabeast and creature_semimegabeast creatures. [NOPAIN] is duplicated for Rocs and Griffons, among others.

I hope you don't mind my questions and cleaned version, Deon. Thank you kindly for the mod. It plays well, and I like that it helps to balance the game. Personally, I merged it with Grimlocke's Modest Bodies patch (which doesn't require either mod), the Appearance Tweaks mod and the Fantastic mini mods.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 06:44:27 am by Taffer »

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not sure if anybody cares about my cleaned version, but I updated it again: I disliked how creature_standard and material_template_default were split into several files each: it made it difficult to see what changes were made and it made it difficult to merge other mods in, so everything but the griffons have been merged back into creature_standard and material_template_default. I also renamed reaction_adventurer to reaction_adv_carpenter, so that users can just drag and drop it over 0.43.05 and everything should just work. There's nothing in the errorlog for me.

For users, the only real difference--provided I didn't screw up--is that it's meant for DF 0.43.05, not 0.43.02. For modders, this mod should now be significantly easier to update to new versions or to mix with other mods: literally every line difference in any diff utility over the entire folder should be an in-scope mod change, aside from reaction_adv_carpenter and the new creature_savage_tropical and plant_potions files.

If you don't actually care about adventure mode crafting then just copy over everything except for reaction_adv_carpenter, reaction_other, and entity_default. While this removes the "main feature" of DF Wanderer, the remaining changes are still excellent and worth using. The reverse--removing everything except the crafting changes--won't work, and I don't care enough to get it working.

Of course, Deon is welcome to use this. I made it for myself, mostly.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 12:10:26 pm by Taffer »

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally, I've cleanly merged the Modest Mod and DF Wanderer for 0.43.05, AKA the Modest Wanderer. Just install it over a regular game. For more details, see my posts above along with these two posts.

EDIT (Nov 3, 2016): Re-added the griffon to both my Wanderer and Modest Wanderer posts.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 10:44:17 am by Taffer »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Thank you for keeping it updated while I am away. I cannot say much why I am away because it's very personal, but I do really appreciate it that you spent your time on this and enjoyed it.

I have put the links to both versions in the first post.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile

- Removed no longer used "smelting pit" (now Carpenter's workshop is used for most of reactions anyway, since that's the only workshop we can build for now).

I've been tempted to make use of the carpenter's workshop for my mod as well, but for now I've been holding out on doing so. If I do I'm planning to separate metalworking recipes into stuff you logically could hammer out of scrap, versus actual forging.

Then again, that might tempt me to limit hammering out scrap weapons to only metals you could logically cold-work, but then I'd have to add separate recipes for forging the same items using any metal.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

T3chW0lf20

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

for some reason the newest version removes some of the animal people.
Does anyone know why?

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

for some reason the newest version removes some of the animal people.
Does anyone know why?

It's a feature of DF Wanderer that isn't mentioned in the OP: the mod removes many creatures in the game, presumably to simplify things. In my opinion, this is actually a pretty cool feature: DF has too many superfluous or silly creatures. In addition, Wanderer rewrites some of the giant felines from "giant variations of normal felines" to "copied and pasted normal felines, rewritten to be large". It also adds griffons. I'm pretty sure that I kept it all in my updated version, but note that I won't be maintaining it going forward.

You'll have to wait for Deon for a proper answer to why, but at least I can confirm that this affects more than just a few animal men.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 06:54:36 am by Taffer »

T3chW0lf20

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

It's a feature of DF Wanderer that isn't mentioned in the OP: the mod removes many creatures in the game, presumably to simplify things. In my opinion, this is actually a pretty cool feature: DF has too many superfluous or silly creatures. In addition, Wanderer rewrites some of the giant felines from "giant variations of normal felines" to "copied and pasted normal felines, rewritten to be large". It also adds griffons. I'm pretty sure that I kept it all in my updated version, but note that I won't be maintaining it going forward.

You'll have to wait for Deon for a proper answer to why, but at least I can confirm that this affects more than just a few animal men.

Do you know how I could ad the Wolf men/women back in, as you can see from my username they're kinda important
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25