Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25

Author Topic: [0.43.05] ✫ DF Wanderer ✫ (R21): Taffer's update/merge /w Modest Mod in 1stpost.  (Read 139346 times)

marcelteaching

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Really enjoying this mod.  I am having trouble though, creating a bone spear.  I have a sharpened rock in one hand, and several (15) bone pieces in the other.  I go x, create, carve bone spear, and can see it needs a small rock, bone body part and bone body part - I pick my rock, pick my bone, but the next screen (third part) has "No available item".  Obviously I can't hold 3 items in my hands.  How do I fix this?
Also, would love version compatible with the latest version.  Thank you!!

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Really enjoying this mod.  I am having trouble though, creating a bone spear.  I have a sharpened rock in one hand, and several (15) bone pieces in the other.  I go x, create, carve bone spear, and can see it needs a small rock, bone body part and bone body part - I pick my rock, pick my bone, but the next screen (third part) has "No available item".  Obviously I can't hold 3 items in my hands.  How do I fix this?
Also, would love version compatible with the latest version.  Thank you!!
You can also craft from items on the ground beneath you.

marcelteaching

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah nice, I have managed to craft a spear by, after the second choice, going and making a bone "dagger".  Unfortunately, it tends to generate a random item.  Sometimes I get a shortsword, longsword, bow etc..

Also, how good is a bone spear compared to copper, wood, etc.?

-A_Dwarven_Bard-

• Bay Watcher
  • *plays a tune on Melbul Ottenshikes, a pine lute*
    • View Profile

Deon, you are a god among Dwarves!

I eagerly await every line you type on this project!
*-A_Dwarven_Bard-* has organized a party at your house!
Dwarf Fortress: Our evil things are f*@$ing adorable.
Adorable F@#$ing evil things: Target Practice

Draba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been eyeing this mod and genesis, just some quick questions:
- can I get adamantine gear in either without creating it in fortress mode?
- do humanoid enemies have better armor (as in full coverage, instead of the usual breastplate/helm)?

Wanderer seems to be just what I'm looking for with the bone/fear changes and the basic crafting. The ones mentioned above are my only major gripes left with adventure mode and I don't want to jump into a game before taking care of them if needed.

gopp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is this compatible with 40.19?

edit: nvm i saw that it's the whole game modded.
What files does this mod change? I really want to play with this mod but i don't wanna downgrade to 40.09
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 02:42:06 pm by gopp »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

What files does this mod change? I really want to play with this mod but i don't wanna downgrade to 40.09
I will release an update tonight.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

gopp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will release an update tonight.

oh nice

it's already tonight
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 09:04:56 pm by gopp »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

it's already tonight

No shit Sherlock :).
It's 6:30 AM here.

Here's the update 10 for the latest release. It took a while to put all geldable tokens, plant modifications and other things in.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

gopp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I literally left the browser refreshing the page every 10 mins to see if it updated lol.

Thanks man.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 10:49:23 pm by gopp »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

You are welcome :). I got used to sleeping well and a lot with the new job. I should return to the old habits of pulling all-nighters from time to time, it will greatly improve my modding capabilities :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Unai626

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hey Deon, just wanted to tell you that I love this mod and thank you for updating it thus far.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Thank you man, by the way I need to update it to .24. It's just a matter of seconds, I will do that tonight.

I will definitely incoroporate it in my new mod The Fall (in my signature) since it seems to be pretty popular.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I think you might have forgotten about that 40.24 update ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

If you're looking for a way to make all armor wearable without actually changing creature sizes, there is a trick to do it.

Make all sapient creatures have the same BODY_SIZE, then adjust their average individual BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIERs descriptors (broadness, height) to be different.  These descriptors actually do have an effect in combat, although be sure to keep the square/cube law in mind while adjusting.  However it's the BODY_SIZE numbers that determine armor wearability.

Personally I find this kind of thing distasteful (breaking down armor and rebuilding it to fit you seems better) but it is a thing that can be done.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25