Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: [0.43.05] ✫ DF Wanderer ✫ (R21): Taffer's update/merge /w Modest Mod in 1stpost.  (Read 136578 times)

20firebird

• Bay Watcher
  • how did i get here
    • View Profile

Wouldn't it be better to just release the edited/added files rather than an entirely new copy of Dwarf Fortress?
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

So, does this/can this work for Mac? Regardless it's freakin' awesome. So much of this stuff strikes me as an amazing idea.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

drone1230

• Bay Watcher
  • Feel the might of my epi-pen
    • View Profile

During an encounter with a minotaur, I noticed a small typo:
Just when you think you're good to go, you run into an undead camel that is a master of kung fu

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you man, by the way I need to update it to .24. It's just a matter of seconds, I will do that tonight.
Does anyone know what happend?
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Deon happened. Being a "boss" sometimes distracts you from hobbies :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

During an encounter with a minotaur, I noticed a small typo:

That is a game's bug. Sometimes it translates that incorrectly. I made sure it does not happen again.

By the way, the new release is up. It's fully updated to 0.40.24 and I've fixed all minor material-related issues, so there are no more errors in tanning of some creatures/reactions at all.

Sorry that it took so long, I am waiting for a second baby and got really involved in my job. If you leave some feedback it will clearly encourage me to mod more :).

Also I've made metal-skinned dragons (with different abilities and smeltable scales) for my new (slowly) upcoming mod, do you think that would be too much and stray from default DF too far if I include them in this mod? I did not plan to change the overall atmosphere with this mod, just balance/add crafting :D.

So, does this/can this work for Mac? Regardless it's freakin' awesome. So much of this stuff strikes me as an amazing idea.
Just grab the following folders from the mod archive and replace the original ones:

/data/art/
/data/init/
/data/speech/
/raw/
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 08:28:23 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Heck I've already put dragons in with steel properties for their bones because I love the whole "here's a reason and reward for hunting down these beasts" concept so much. Think I'm gonna add in an iron-equivalent for the other megabeasts and perhaps bronze level for the semi-megas. Still gotta find something better to do with the bronze colossus though.

I also took the balm framework and expanded it to:

*balm of strength, semi-mega hearts, gives title giant slayer, general buffs to attributes and speed plus some helpful [NO_etc] tags
*balm of wisdom, hydra heart (couldn't think of where else to go but hydras tend to be great for skilling up), gives title hydra slayer, buffs mental attributes, adds a skill roll success boost and some of the [NO_etc] tags
*balm of speed, roc heart, gives title roc slayer, buffs speed, agi, and endurance as well as the usual tags
*balm of might, dragon heart, gives title dragon slayer, buffs strength and toughness along with the usual tags
*balm of power, made from all of the previous balms, gives title megabeast slayer (though perhaps something like legendary hero would make sense?), gives a stack of the same buffs as the components and a couple of additional tags

Still trying to find the right balance for the different components, though they do stack with no actual upper limit, but it's pretty cool going around and collecting all of these components to produce a superbuff, and gives a reason to do something besides go hunt for a roc you can sneak up on to get an easy balm of power.

Steel-equivalent dragon bone, btw, makes dragons terrifying, spending too long in close quarters with the bastards isn't fun, I've had the best success from sneaking up and slashing the throat then running and praying they bleed out before they catch me... at least until fully buffed, but even then it still takes a bit of work usually unless I get a lucky hammer strike to the brain.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Why won't we put it in the main download and your name in credits in BIG LETTERS ? :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, I'm sure you could balance it better for most people I've got it tuned a bit too high end due to my current enjoyment of seeing where the system breaks. Just wanted to say that I loved the whole concept, honestly my favorite mod by far, and that metal+dragon=terrifying.

Oh god you said scales too didn't you, I didn't even try that...

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, awesome! Can't wait to check the mod out.

Best of luck for your family and Job, Deon!
Pardon for my mistakes

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've played the mod for a few hours and I love it! It enhances the Adventure Mode greatly without taking that vanilla feeling.

Whould it be possible to mod a option in, to equip companions?
Pardon for my mistakes

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Whould it be possible to mod a option in, to equip companions?
In old Genesis I had used Rumrusher's script to do so. I will try to see if it can be updated for the new DFHack later.

Release 12
- Made sure that generated beasts/titans do not end up with non-tannable scales/carapace (the error log should no longer complain about those).
- Added stone working, you can now knap stone arrows/bolts, daggers and "smithing malleus".
- Added basic recycling/forging. You can break down armor into metal chunks and forge armor from chunks. Very basic for now, I will expand on it later. Requires smithing malleus.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Release 13:

You can collect thick twigs from trees now.
Added a new "tools" section to crafting menu.
You can now craft a knife (2 rocks), a needle (a knife + bone), a stick (a knife + a thick twig) and a mallet (a rock + a stick).
You can burn 5 sticks into charcoal.

Carving knife/slicing knife/boning knife are replaced with "knife".
New tools: mallet, needle.

Refitting was removed, use breakdown option instead.
You can breakdown weapons into metal chunks now.
You can now forge arrows, bolts, weapons, breastplates, helmets and greaves (requires mallet/charcoal).

Sewing requires needle, breakdown, stone arrow making and forging required mallet.
Stone arrows/bolts require a stick, a rock, a mallet and a knife now.

Sorted all trees automatically and put them in separate file.
Removed a couple of "extra extra" (rare/weirdly named/redundant) trees. Renamed bitter orange to grapefruit.

I have to run to work now, later I will expand woodcrafting, metalcrafting and later introduce brewing.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 04:01:03 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Release 14

Fixed two minor typos.
Minor tweaks/balancing of reagents/products.

You can no longer turn ANY growth into salad. Only leaves and fruits can be used for it.
You can now make smelting pit from rocks. It's really heavy so you don't want to haul it around.
The smelting pit is required for smelting/forging reactions.
You can now smelt iron chunks with coal into pig iron and eventually steel.
Bone carving now requires more than 1 bone for bigger items.
Added woodworking: you can now make wooden shields, figurines, bracelets, rings, earrings and bows.
All reactions now show requirements in brackets for better understanding:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 05:47:11 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Neat, bit by bit pulling more of the stuff I use advfort for back out to the x menu!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25