Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

Author Topic: [0.43.05] ✫ DF Wanderer ✫ (R21): Taffer's update/merge /w Modest Mod in 1stpost.  (Read 136576 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Release 5:
 Some of the old Genesis features are making it in:

- Small creatures have weaker body materials, bigger creatures have tougher body materials.
- There are different tiers of skin/chitin/scale, all of them tannable: weak skin, skin, tough skin, chitin, scale, dragonscale.
- 6 different appropriate levels of tanned leather: suede, leather, hide, chitin, scale, dragonscale.
- Leather/wool is standartized. Racoon leather or sea otter leather is now "suede", dog leather or human leather is now "leather"
- The above info means that item names are shorter,  but you actually get different toughness of leather from different creatures.

Aww. I dislike mods that do this, I don't care if it means improved FPS; the inability to look at your leather and know the fact that you've got trophies from forgotten beasts, dragons and various large predators just makes the game less dwarfy.
Okay, I will definitely make it optional for the next release then!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

King Kravoka

Release 5:

- Small creatures have weaker body materials, bigger creatures have tougher body materials.
- There are different tiers of skin/chitin/scale, all of them tannable: weak skin, skin, tough skin, chitin, scale, dragonscale.
- 6 different appropriate levels of tanned leather: suede, leather, hide, chitin, scale, dragonscale.
- Leather/wool is standartized. Racoon leather or sea otter leather is now "suede", dog leather or human leather is now "leather"
- The above info means that item names are shorter,  but you actually get different toughness of leather from different creatures.

Aww. I dislike mods that do this, I don't care if it means improved FPS; the inability to look at your leather and know the fact that you've got trophies from forgotten beasts, dragons and various large predators just makes the game less dwarfy.
Thanks!

macrosblackd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Can this be installed on top of the LNP?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Theoretically you could, but it's not advised:
1) The raw changes in LNP will be overwritten with it.
2) The graphical version is tailored for this tileset.
3) Changing LNP options will break the mod because it will overwrite some files with LNP ones.

Why do you need to do that?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

macrosblackd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Mostly for when DFHack + utils/plugs all get fully updated for DF2014

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Release 5:

Having played some vanilla recently with the new release I'm stuck on the fence between the two leather extremes. I like the different types of leather with simplified names a lot, but also find myself wishing I could deck my adventurer out in some of the more exotic creature leathers.

How difficult would it be to keep the creature specific names for only some of the creatures, while having most of the mundane one simplified down?

Birdy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd prefer to have semi/megabeast type Leathers stay identifiable, but keep the leathers the same otherwise.  Maybe you could standardize meats as well? That could save a bit of FPS, right?

Thanks for the mod BTW, enjoying it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Release 6:

- Integrated raw changes from the latest DF version.
- More threats for NPC to choose from.
- More greetings/profession/family etc. text for dialogues.
- More race-related insults.

Right now I am at work so it's hard to do stuff, I just wanted to quickly update the mod. Also there's lots more line of text available as options when  you talk to people (greetings, hostile messages, profession-related stuff, curses for mummies, screams for minotaurs etc).
Later I will work on a GUI to switch mod components and then I will make the optional parts.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

s20dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Release 6:

- Integrated raw changes from the latest DF version.
- More threats for NPC to choose from.
- More greetings/profession/family etc. text for dialogues.
- More race-related insults.

A nice rapid update, thanks dude :)

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon! You are so awesome! I am glad I asked about this.

Someone mentioned rock knapping earlier in the thread, I do like the ability to knap rocks/create stone weapons out of sticks and stones (and grass or something for binding?) so's I can throw my copper dagger in a hole and wander out in the middle of nowhere and start from scratch.

But the most important parts are here, and it is clearly better than before, and thank you very much. I hate when you give someone like me 99 percent and he asks for more, but that is what I have just done.

So, to reiterate, my thank you is over 9000. If you can mod out start weapons my thank you will be like DragonBallZ where the next logical set of numbers after the ten thousands is in the 100 millions for no good reason other than it sounds awesomer when frieza and goku are both over 100mil. But some people might like their starting stuff.

Del1m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Might want to buff the arrows:
A grandmaster crossbowman with silver bolts took 13 shots before he hit the guy, and when he did, the bolt only dented the skin.

Might be because Toady fixed/nerfed them with the last update, but I dunno.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It's mostly because the silver is pretty shit as a sharp weapon/ammo so it barely passes clothing, I will definitely check it though.

Isher, nice ideas. I will also add brewing/alchemy soon, right now I am remembering how to wring the modloader in Visual Basic :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's mostly because the silver is pretty shit as a sharp weapon/ammo so it barely passes clothing, I will definitely check it though.

Isher, nice ideas. I will also add brewing/alchemy soon, right now I am remembering how to wring the modloader in Visual Basic :).

I thought that it would be better cause they were heavier, and thus picked up more speed or something related to physics.
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

That would only be important if they had blunt attacks. The arrows are sharp, so the terrible edge of the silver makes it really bad.

I plan to rebalance metals later to address stuff like that. In vanilla not everything makes sense due to arbitrary combat formulas :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is better than silver bolts being ungodly good, chipping a bone every time and bringing the pain, and the passout (like old DF, I guess this is something Toady fixed?).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25