Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Body part problems  (Read 5320 times)

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
  • Crystal blades and Scaled plate, Razors of Dawn!
    • View Profile
Body part problems
« on: July 20, 2014, 05:51:18 pm »

I have finally gotten back to modding! after much hard work, and testing, I have finally narrowed down the problems to just a few things that I cant fix, which im pretty sure are all from the same root cause.

This is my errorlog:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

now the next few spoilers are, in this order: Creature file, Body detail plans, Body files.

This is just what im working on right now. Im also having some other problems, including:
- I cant seem to get variations to work on my creatures, other than the eyes. (like upturned nose and stuff like that.)
- I need to get a workshop reaction which creates new Kizaur.
- I need to get a workshop reaction which changes existing Kizaur into another caste of Kizaur
- I need to get other castes of Kizaur which are the same creature but use different body files. (the Chosen and Reborn body plans and stuff in the files.)

Any help would be most appreciated.
Scales and fangs, Cydaela and blade, Crystal and fire! March, Kizaurun! March to glory and to vengeance! March for the Razors of Dawn!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Body part problems
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 07:15:37 pm »

Your body file has OBJECT_BODY when it should be OBJECT:BODY, so the file is not being recognized.

Creating new creatures from a reaction will require DFHack. If you are modding for an older version this is not a problem, but DFHack hasn't updated for the current version of Dwarf Fortress yet.

Without DFHack, you can still get a creature to transform from one caste into another using a boiling stone that carries a transforming syndrome.

Body tokens are a caste type token, so different castes can have different bodies. Just add the tokens within the caste definition to make it apply to that caste. Remember that body detail plans that apply tissues to body parts must go somewhere below the body definition itself, otherwise the body may not have its tissues applied correctly.

There is a missing colon after IRIS_EYE_AQUAMARINE:1

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 11:52:17 pm »

OK I fixed that (thanks, I never would have noticed that without help!)
this is the remnants of the errors:

other than fixing the [OBJECT:BODY] and adding a colon in the eye files where you told me to, I have made no differences.

On another note, I really dont even know where to start with changing castes. I guess I can do without the spawning pool, but the changing castes thing, if its possible, I could use some detailed instructions on how to do it...
Scales and fangs, Cydaela and blade, Crystal and fire! March, Kizaurun! March to glory and to vengeance! March for the Razors of Dawn!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 12:02:01 am »

The body token in the creature has KIZAUR_SKELETAL, but in the body file it is called KIZAURUN_SKELETAL

There is nothing in your kizaurun, chosen, or reborn body detail plans that add tissues to your CYDAELAN_CHAMBER, but they do add a tissue called CYDAELAN_CHAMBER to a body part with the category of CYDAELIC_CHAMBER

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 12:08:40 am »

thnks for the help!
Yay, now I can finally use my Kizaurun in the new update. Been forever since they worked properly.

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 12:14:43 am »

OK so here is the remainder

Since it would appear that some of the remnants are entity files, I will show those raws.

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 12:20:17 am »

fixed the entity problem, so dont need help with that anymore.
The other problems still need fixing though.

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 03:54:06 pm »

Hellooo world. It would appear I am having the same problem as last time I tried to create this race. I fixed it last time, but I cant remembeer for the life of me how I did.
My creatures.
They are melting.
Again.
I could swear I set the melting points of the materials I used in the creatures high enough, but for some reason my creatures are still melting. So, since they seem rather relevent in this case im posting the tissues and materials.

thats tissues. and this...

... is the materials.

So, any help? why are my creatures melting? Also is there anything that the creatures need that im missing? im pretty sure I forgot a few body parts.

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 12:25:45 am »

yeah, um, I checked and....
1) my hooves are melting ('my' being a spawned kizaurun in adventure mode)
2) My hooves have two materials in them
3) the melting point of the first material is 200 temp units higher than the homeotherm
4) the melting point of the second material is 300 temp units higher.

And the hooves ARE melting. So, I dont know what is going on.
Help!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 06:51:12 am »

What happens if you set the MELTING_POINT for the AEVYLSK material and AEVYLSK_IVORY material to NONE?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 07:33:49 pm »

an excellent idea. What code does that? do I just substitute then number for NONE? I wyll just assume thats it... Wyll get back wyth results shortly.

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 07:47:25 pm »

Yeah. It still melts. The unmeltable material melts.

Im just going to upload the entire mod. And by upload I mean put into spoilers.

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 07:48:13 pm »

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2014, 07:50:04 pm »

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 07:52:53 pm »

There was more in the language, but it wouldnt fit in the post so I just cut out most of the random words.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5