Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin Civ and Blizzard Men  (Read 2424 times)

DauntlessGolem

• Bay Watcher
  • New player, lets go.
    • View Profile
Goblin Civ and Blizzard Men
« on: January 29, 2018, 08:38:50 pm »

I was looking at a few worlds I gen'd and a rather interesting goblin Civ came up
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I post this as I saw no mention of this on the wiki. What happened??

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Civ and Blizzard Men
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 03:57:22 am »

Animal men can migrate into civs
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 04:11:12 am »

But not Blizzard men.

--
Blizzard men are like trolls. Legends Viewer calls them animal people by mistake (ends in -men)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 04:58:25 am »

As Shonai_Dweller said, goblins can pick up Blizzard Men as slow learner brute force fighters in the same manner they can "recruit" trolls and ogres, provided they're available to the goblins (i.e. a Glacier biome is available to the goblin civ when it spawns).

Legends Viewer does not read raws, and so has no way of actually telling which creatures are animal people and which are not, so it uses the approximation of assuming everything ending in -men is an animal people race (so blood men, etc. would end up in the animal people section, should they somehow be present), and this also causes Gorlaks not to be listed there.

DauntlessGolem

• Bay Watcher
  • New player, lets go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 09:53:58 am »

As Shonai_Dweller said, goblins can pick up Blizzard Men as slow learner brute force fighters in the same manner they can "recruit" trolls and ogres, provided they're available to the goblins (i.e. a Glacier biome is available to the goblin civ when it spawns).

Legends Viewer does not read raws, and so has no way of actually telling which creatures are animal people and which are not, so it uses the approximation of assuming everything ending in -men is an animal people race (so blood men, etc. would end up in the animal people section, should they somehow be present), and this also causes Gorlaks not to be listed there.

Ah thanks, I did not know that's what the slow learner tag allowed them to do, didn't know they were like trolls. I thought it might have been uncontrollable breeding haha

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 12:59:43 am »

Now that's a nice concept. Do any of the current legends utils feature a raws scan? Simple(?) way of figuring out if something is an evil 'slow_learner' race or an 'animal-man' type of creature capable of civilizing. Also if a civ's initial race is "goblin" or actually "goblin and orc 40/60".