Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack Linux V0.40.24 with Dwarf Therapist/DFhack  (Read 161355 times)

Beautato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Newb Pack Linux
Re: Lazy Newb Pack Linux V0.40.08 with Dwarf Therapist
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2014, 09:33:09 pm »

I updated the graphics packs to now be using fricy's Updated tilesets! This has massively increased the number of working tilesets in the package; thanks so much Fricy! Also updated the Dwarf Therapist to 23.6 for DF v0.40.08.

As usual download here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8936

Dwimenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2014, 12:55:50 am »

So many tilesets. It's high time to try something else then  Phoebus.

MaGicBush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2014, 10:28:10 am »

So where is the Windows lazy newb pack out of curiosity? That is the pack I used to use a few years ago when I played last.

Dwimenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2014, 08:29:21 pm »

I'm not sure if this is desired, but I've had trouble getting qt5 to work properly, so I've been maintaining a qt4-compatible fork of Dwarf Therapist at

https://github.com/myk002/Dwarf-Therapist/tree/qt4-compat
git@github.com:myk002/Dwarf-Therapist.git branch:qt4-compat

I pull from https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/tree/DF2014 regularly, so it works with 0.40.08.

I submitted the code as pull request to Dwarf Therapist upstream.  If it gets included, LNP can go back to compiling Dwarf Therapist on the fly instead of having to include a pre-built version!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 10:50:44 am by myk »

zomborger

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2014, 03:12:21 pm »

Praise the sun!

I have an Eeepc900a, which is the absolutely worst one made by Asus, I'm trying to make a dedicated Dwarf machine with ubuntu 14.04. I got everything working except Therapist which is spitting back
Syntax error: "(" unexpected
Process failed!
org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an error: 2 (Exit value: 2)

DFFD suggested installing openjdk6 and openjdk7 and it's still giving back that error! Any suggestion? (Please pretend I am your grandmother who has never touched a linux machine before)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 05:39:16 pm by zomborger »

Canopus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2014, 11:36:23 pm »

Praise the sun!

I have an Eeepc900a, which is the absolutely worst one made by Asus, I'm trying to make a dedicated Dwarf machine with ubuntu 14.04. I got everything working except Therapist which is spitting back
Syntax error: "(" unexpected
Process failed!
org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an error: 2 (Exit value: 2)

DFFD suggested installing openjdk6 and openjdk7 and it's still giving back that error! Any suggestion? (Please pretend I am your grandmother who has never touched a linux machine before)

Same problem here, I have all dependencies installed and openjdk.
Anyway, thanks for the quick updates! I hope I can play soon.

Dwimenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2014, 01:24:59 am »

@Beautato
Any plans for including dfhack? I get it to work on my Arch Linux so I can help.

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2014, 10:31:18 am »

If you are getting complaints about "(", it's not a java problem.  I suspect you just have a *really* old version of your shell which can't interpret the "new", preferred $(...) syntax:
dt_capabilities=$(/sbin/getcap LNP/utilities/dwarf_therapist/DwarfTherapist | cut -f2 -d"=")
Try changing that line in startlnp to:
dt_capabilities=`/sbin/getcap LNP/utilities/dwarf_therapist/DwarfTherapist | cut -f2 -d"="`
(those are backticks -- from the key that also produces "~").

I couldn't find exactly how old your shell has to be to not support $(...), but this page says:
`...` is the legacy syntax required by only the very oldest of non-POSIX-compatible bourne-shells.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 10:59:21 am by myk »

Mimaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2014, 02:57:54 pm »

hi,

getting dfhack up and running would be great. as for now it seems like there's no dfhack for the 0.40.09 version...but it would'nt take long i guess...with the 0.40.08r2 release it was pretty straight forward to get it running

on my ubuntu 14.04 x64 machine i had to delete the libstdc++.so.6 file in the df_linux/libs folder to avoid an issue with version-incompability...but after that it did start
also the stonesense-plugin was not able to load, due to an allegro-dependency issue stated in the bug tracker https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/282...if i see this correctly it hasn't been resolved for now

But apart from this bugs, which happened to me, it worked :-)

@Beautato
You have made a great Linux LNP...love to see the amount of build-in graphics packs...thats huge :-)

zomborger

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2014, 07:14:57 pm »

If you are getting complaints about "(", it's not a java problem.  I suspect you just have a *really* old version of your shell which can't interpret the "new", preferred $(...) syntax:
dt_capabilities=$(/sbin/getcap LNP/utilities/dwarf_therapist/DwarfTherapist | cut -f2 -d"=")
Try changing that line in startlnp to:
dt_capabilities=`/sbin/getcap LNP/utilities/dwarf_therapist/DwarfTherapist | cut -f2 -d"="`
(those are backticks -- from the key that also produces "~").

I couldn't find exactly how old your shell has to be to not support $(...), but this page says:
`...` is the legacy syntax required by only the very oldest of non-POSIX-compatible bourne-shells.

No luck! I tried changing all instances of "(...)" with " ` " as well just to try it. :/ I can't get Dwarf Therapist to run at all. Very frustrating!

Ok what is the shell and can I upgrade it to something more recent? Seriously, my experience with Linux is burning the image to a stick, installing, and browsing the web.

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2014, 07:36:41 pm »

does the error message change?  what is the output when you try to run the DwarfTherapist binary directly?  e.g.:
Code: [Select]
cd LNP/utilities/dwarf_therapist
./DwarfTherapist

Dwimenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2014, 12:54:51 am »

What kind of distro you are using? What version?

Beautato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Newb Pack Linux
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2014, 02:39:44 pm »

@Beautato
Any plans for including dfhack? I get it to work on my Arch Linux so I can help.
I also have DF hack working on my build but an hesitant to include it.
Once DFhack is more stable i will include it. As of right now there a lot of issues with the various features of just DF / DT. 

I really want to have the old installation script updated so each feature can be compiled on each person's machine, as compile issues are probably ~50% of all the bugs i see.

Beautato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Newb Pack Linux
Re: Lazy Newb Pack Linux V0.40.09 with Dwarf Therapist
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2014, 02:42:43 pm »

Updated the package to 40.09,

Updated DT to 24, when DFhack is working well enough for 40.09 i will make an additional pack.

Download here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8936
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22