Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack Linux V0.40.24 with Dwarf Therapist/DFhack  (Read 160752 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack Linux V0.40.24 with Dwarf Therapist/DFhack
« Reply #315 on: December 06, 2015, 09:01:41 pm »

Edit2: Seems like the 0.40.24 version of libgraphics.so plus the 64-bit distrofixes.sh script from earlier in the topic works. Going to double-check and then edit my guide with the new changes.
Note that distro_fixes.sh is not 64-bit specific - you need to preload zlib on some modern 32-bit systems as well, because the problem is with a libpng/zlib incompatibility that isn't 64-bit specific.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
  • A Euclidean Plane Crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 06, 2015, 10:19:39 pm »

Note that distro_fixes.sh is not 64-bit specific - you need to preload zlib on some modern 32-bit systems as well, because the problem is with a libpng/zlib incompatibility that isn't 64-bit specific.
Good to know. I'll keep it in mind if when something changes in the future

evoblade

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 14, 2015, 11:32:22 pm »

Try replacing distro_fixes.sh with this version (click "raw" to download it more easily).

I did that. It didn't change anything. I also tried running that script separately and it says DF_DIR is not set.

EDIT: I think I got it to work now. I cd into df_linux and ran "sh ./df" and it complained about libSDL2.0-ttf so I installed that and next time it fired right up

Just a reminder that in Manjaro, just selecting the SDL package isn't going to meet the dependency for SDL, you also have to pick the SDL-ttf one.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 06:50:06 pm by evoblade »

Lasander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 27, 2015, 03:16:47 pm »

So... Any news on when this will be updated?
Worship!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 27, 2015, 03:57:04 pm »

Beautato was last active on the forums in March: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=107189. I've seen him on IRC more recently, but not within the last few months.

I'm not entirely sure what will end up happening with this pack - I'm sure other people would be able to maintain it, but we'd have to contact Beautato somehow to address http://lazynewbpack.com/, which he hosts. (I just tried contacting him but haven't heard back yet.)

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 28, 2015, 01:52:31 am »

I don't like the sound of that. Is there anyone else who has a real understanding of its mechanics who could update/host/whatever else? I'd offer to try, but I'm already swamping myself with other projects, and I don't want to take on an actually important one that I can't do.

TechnoByrd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 28, 2015, 12:04:23 pm »

I don't like the sound of that. Is there anyone else who has a real understanding of its mechanics who could update/host/whatever else? I'd offer to try, but I'm already swamping myself with other projects, and I don't want to take on an actually important one that I can't do.

Don't worry too much Nullsrc. The LazyNewbPack is already a compilation of tools made by other people. Even PyLNP has multiple maintainers/authors right now. Finding someone to take over maintenance of the pack in this excellent community should be doable if Beautato is unable/uninterested in continuing.

It would be a shame to lose LazyNewbPack.com however. Perhaps PerdixisErrant or Fricy MacNewbie (the primary authors of the other two LNP's listed on the site) have a better means of contacting him.

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 28, 2015, 11:43:21 pm »

Eh, that's just me worrying about things. I'm sure somebody (or several somebodies) will figure something out.

BishopOfBattle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 06, 2016, 09:02:27 am »

Hi. I'm on Manjaro XFCE. I downloaded the LNP and unzipped. I made sure all dependencies met. The Lazy Newb Pack launcher loads, but doesn't seem to do much. When I click "Play Dwarf Fortress" (either of the places you can click to start), I get a popup window that says "Not found: data/art/Phoebus..16x16.png"

and The popup terminal window has this:

[distro_fixes] INFO Checking whether any ARCH/distro specific fixes are required...
[distro_fixes] INFO OS: ManjaroLinux
[distro_fixes] INFO ARCH: x86_64
[distro_fixes] INFO VER: 15.09
[distro_fixes] INFO DF_ARCH: 32-bit
[distro_fixes] INFO DF_BIN_LOCATION: /home/irate/Downloads/DF_LNP_40.24/04024r3-x64/df_linux/libs/Dwarf_Fortress
[distro_fixes] INFO 32 bit df on ManjaroLinux/64bit detected
[distro_fixes] WARN 32bit 'Dwarf_Fortress' on unhandled 64bit OS detected. If you get 'missing file' errors, please open an issue on Github: https://github.com/Lazy-Newb-Pack/Lazy-Newb-Pack-Linux/issues.
[distro_fixes] INFO Done

(Dwarf_Fortress:8519): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",

(Dwarf_Fortress:8519): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",

(Dwarf_Fortress:8519): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",

(Dwarf_Fortress:8519): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "clearlooks",

(Dwarf_Fortress:8519): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",

(Dwarf_Fortress:8519): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "mist",

(Dwarf_Fortress:8519): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "mist",

Any ideas what I am doing wrong.

Hey,

i have encountered the same Problem. A quick fix is, to edit the distro_fixes.sh file and change the if condition which covers "Arch" to "ManjaroLinux". The fixes for both distros are the same since Manjaro is based off Arch.

@Beautato: Can you include an OR condition in the shellscript which covers Manjaro?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 06, 2016, 04:03:11 pm »

@Beautato: Can you include an OR condition in the shellscript which covers Manjaro?
There is one in the latest distro_fixes.sh script in the GitHub repo (there are links a few posts back). I don't know what's going on with this pack's releases, though.

gosam

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 14, 2016, 02:18:29 pm »

Hey there! First of all, thanks for your hard work!
Any chance of adding gemset to the next release?

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 16, 2016, 06:16:20 pm »

Hey there! First of all, thanks for your hard work!
Any chance of adding gemset to the next release?

No. This is as dead as Boatmurdered.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

moozaad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 05, 2016, 01:18:19 pm »

Has anyone managed a build with the latest shared core?

No matter, some else has done it http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=156011.msg6853004#msg6853004
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 01:20:07 pm by moozaad »

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 31, 2018, 06:09:22 pm »

i keep loosing it so posting the link to Feb 2018s LinuxLNP here:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163211.msg
Klok the Kloker !
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]