Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Supreme Ruler 1936: Grand Campaign  (Read 1512 times)

killerbees1218

• Bay Watcher
  • Sting like a bee, fly like a... How'd it go again?
    • View Profile
Supreme Ruler 1936: Grand Campaign
« on: July 21, 2014, 04:04:20 am »

Hello I will be hosting a Supreme Ruler 1936 Grand Campaign on Gameranger couple times a week http://www.gameranger.com/ Great for playing old games, and easy to connect as all you gota do is locate my server and click join. Will have 8 slots available, starting year will be 1936, and plan on saving and having multiple sessions for those that are interested. Players who role play are highly preferd as it makes the game more fun for negotiations, demands etc. Doesn't have to be historically accurate, you are free to veer off, and it's up to the players how they run their country. Drop a line, or PM me. Or just add me to your friends list (Dekkar is my gameranger nick) and look for the server, which will have the description "War... war never changes."

Recommend checking the wiki out for more info about the game, http://www.battlegoat.com/supreme_1936.php
Death, is only the beginning.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Supreme Ruler 1936: Grand Campaign
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 07:25:51 am »

The first question is, how is this game different from HoI series?
._.

killerbees1218

• Bay Watcher
  • Sting like a bee, fly like a... How'd it go again?
    • View Profile
Re: Supreme Ruler 1936: Grand Campaign
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 01:35:37 pm »

While the hearts of iron series is a great game in some sense, In my opinion it is by far the most lacking in it's area of combat and logistics. In supreme ruler, it seems the way combat is preformed, research, and supply & Demand is more plausible then that which is represented in HOI series of games. I beleive that Supreme Ruler especailly the newest edition 1936 - has more depth and ability to specifcally tailor your country to run the way you see fit. Not to mention you don't need 3 expansions and 17 updates to play the game past 2004. In Supreme ruler, you start at the onset of WW2 in 1936, and can literally play until the digital age to 2040 and beyond. So it is possible to begin fighting with WW2 gear, even experience the Vietnam war era, and Afghani war era, and eventually be fighting with Mech Warriors, and Spaceship style fighters in the far future in the possible WW3. The only minor bug is that when you play the sandbox mode it still has its scripted historical events - although not a HUGE issue as the AI seems to recognize the scripted events as error and go back to normal. For example, in my last play I was Germany, I pretty much played everything by the book as far as the war goes, I annexed Chek. Built up my army and invaded poland, I then made plans to use Russia for supplies rather then war to help boost my war efforts in the beginning. Russia and Germany ended up being near allies when in 1939(around there) it triggerd the Historical event that germany betrayed russia - which caused us to go to war, however shortly after do to our actual game standing Russia offerd peace, and things went back to normal...

The company battlegoat is already aware of the script/sandbox bugs and are working on producing a patch hopefully soon. Other then that if you are looking for a change of pace, epic strategy with the possibility to alter the way the wars can go, and if your lucky can even have your country survive until WW3 and beyond. Can also play as 200+ different countries, each with (almost unique) units for all and starting technological advances/disadvantages.
Death, is only the beginning.