Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many turns before nightfall? (Note: Go to place to sleep can always be appended to an otherwise complete turn)

Less than 4
- 0 (0%)
- 2 (22.2%)
- 3 (33.3%)
- 4 (44.4%)
More than 6
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: [OOC Thread] Kurchil's Children Reboot - It Has Begun  (Read 10699 times)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
[OOC Thread] Kurchil's Children Reboot - It Has Begun
« on: July 21, 2014, 04:22:19 pm »

This is the OOC thread for Kurchil's Children, meant to keep the IC thread from being jammed with those dreaded double parenthetical statements. If you were gonna put it in one of those, save the virtual ink and post it here!
Again I find myself running a game heavy on mechanics and slim on roleplaying and genuine character development. This one will focus more on characters and less on mechanics. I’m hoping that players will have time and security to make very interesting characters and explore a world that will be generated as randomly as I can, using various online random generation tools. The maps are done using GIMP, with lots of noise clouds filling in the details. All I do is give general outlines. And pick pretty colors.

We'll begin with five players, not FCFS though preference may be given to those who played this originally. More may or may not be added depending on my time commitments. What follows was mostly copied from the original game, at least in terms of lore. Changes will be made to some mechanics.

Spoiler: Aethellian Coast (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Starting Ports (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Playable Races (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Application (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 11:14:50 am by Samarkand »
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC Thread] Kurchil's Children Reboot - 0/5
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 04:22:39 pm »

Reserved.
My Area

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 04:36:45 pm »

How come Wolfkin get a - interaction with other Wolfkin?

Sheet in progress.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 01:02:23 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 04:40:40 pm »

Spoiler: Asithi Esseth (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:47:00 am by Harry Baldman »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 04:47:27 pm »

Spoiler: Will (click to show/hide)

Patrick, I don't think they do. That's just to separate the trait name from the effects, see? It's on everything, even where a minus wouldn't make sense.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 04:47:46 pm »

How come Wolfkin get a - interaction with other Wolfkin?
The dash is an unfortunate formatting issue which will be remedied, although it is worth noting that if your tribe is known it may elicit negative responses from those of other tribes, depending on diplomacy and such.
My Area

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 04:48:58 pm »

Ahhh ok I wasn't sure if it was negative or not, but different clans disliking each other does make sense.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 04:49:13 pm »

Imma get working on a sheet-- specifically, I feel like expanding upon Sofia Sala, making her a sheet with more details.
Spoiler: Sofia Sala (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 10:54:22 am by Powder Miner »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 04:54:12 pm »

I'm sending you a PM about something I want to discuss for my background and my characters goals Samarkand.
Caine's law.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 07:20:40 pm »

Yay sheets!

d20 has won out in the poll, so now I know how most rolling will go. But what about combat? Chunky salsa (more descriptive, less consistent) or hitpoints (very consistent, not very flexible/descriptive)?
My Area

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 07:40:56 pm »

I'd prefer dem chunky salsas.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 07:46:44 pm »

If by chunky salsa you mean you'd also use logic to determine damage caused and received, why not? In the games I've attempted to run to this day, I use both a measure of good sense and take the rolls (plus defensive bonuses for armor, for example) in consideration as far as damage-dealing goes. You could also include something like a very limited pool of Fate/Life points for the PCs, which would basically be "burn this and you don't die" points so characters can evaluate whether it's worth trying their luck.

Edit: Corrected derp moment. Had written "run to this game".
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:55:02 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 07:53:26 pm »

If by chunky salsa you mean you'd also use logic to determine damage caused and received, why not? In the games I've attempted to run to this game, I use both a measure of good sense and take the rolls (plus defensive bonuses for armor, for example) in consideration as far as damage-dealing goes. You could also include something like a very limited pool of Fate/Life points for the PCs, which would basically be "burn this and you don't die" points so characters can evaluate whether it's worth trying their luck.
Color me interested. So you're saying do chunky salsa (rolls translate into status effects, not some abstracted number which represents your physical well-being) and points which can be spent (in advance or after the effect?) to cling to life? That might work... I'll change the poll to represent that option as Caellath's Method, to allow people to vote for this.

I'd prefer dem chunky salsas.
Check Caellath's plan and see if you prefer that. The poll is set up such that you can switch your vote by revoking and recasting it.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:55:47 pm by Samarkand »
My Area

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2014, 09:15:48 pm »

Plan Caellath sounds good to me, I'm not real picky though.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2014, 09:21:35 pm »

Resubmiting old char never got to get into her

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9