Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shameless plug!  (Read 1202 times)

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
Shameless plug!
« on: July 30, 2014, 11:26:13 am »

So, I have always been interested in starcraft, from way back in the original, through broodwar and into starcraft 2. However, I never really took the time to learn how to play in SC2, I just spent my time watching Day9, Husky and TB casting instead. I have watched more korean mega-pro matches than I can even come close to playing myself. Thus it did not come as a surprise that hey, I kind of suck :p

Anyways, I recently decided to actually learn how to play in practice, and I also thought of a silly little idea that I should document my games for the off chance someone might find them interesting. So a new series was born, my quest for gold. Basically I will cast and upload all my games from placement matches up to when I finally manage to hit gold league and can call myself average.

The first three episodes are out and well, I would love some constructive feedback. Both on my play and on my casting, I am a noob at both :P

https://www.youtube.com/user/AptusStarcraft
https://twitter.com/AptusStarcraft

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
Re: Shameless plug!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 12:13:39 pm »

One thing I've noticed is that youtubers sound better when you avoid saying 'err' and just pause for a moment instead.

Your... err... how would I word this... 'sharp' letters need to be quietened with your recording program if you can. When you say something with a P especially.

Also, the clicking noise you make when you think is a little too loud, too.

Not gonna subscribe because I'm not the kind of person that watches strategy games, really, but aside from those things, you sound quite good.

Thanks, yeah I have noticed the clicking sound I make myself, I will make more of a concious effort to stop that.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 12:53:34 pm »

Just about to put up the fifth episode in the series. I made a concious effort to stop the 'click' noises and I am trying to minimize the uhh and ehhh noises as well. (Some still slink through though haha).

Now I have another request for you guys. It just so happened that:

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 01:04:22 pm »

'Quest for gol- err... diamond?'

Hehe, simple, funny, I like it :p I'll add it to the list of names to think of while I sleep.