Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Non-dwarven Migrants  (Read 560 times)

Hinaichigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Non-dwarven Migrants
« on: July 23, 2014, 05:55:49 pm »

I think it would be cool if migrants from other races could come from other sites in your civilization.  Like if your civilization had conquered some goblins, the goblins could then migrate to your fortress.  Since they are there in adventure mode, it would make sense if they could come in fortress mode as well.  And imagine having the dangerous "goblin quarter" of the fortress, and racial brawls in the future planned taverns and stuff. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 06:33:38 pm by Hinaichigo »

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Non-dwarven Migrants
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 06:18:47 pm »

And imagine having the dangerous "goblin quarter" of the fortress, and racial brawls in the future planned taverns and stuff. 

The goblins will somehow beat the dwarves in their uprising and form their own group, take control of the site and learn its permitted reactions sending out steel clad invaders against their enemies :). !!FUN!!

dudlol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 06:22:02 pm »

It could actually make for some really fun forts. It would need to be a world gen option though.

Be cool if they got significant bonus or penalty to experience rates based on their racial norms as far as allowed labors go. I wonder... Would this be possible to mod in using castes? I feel like breeding would be weird, but if you made them not able to have children you could probably do it.

xxseuzxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 08:41:43 pm »

if we could goblins would be every fort underclass and haulers.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 01:53:16 am »

Already planned. Basically the 0.40.xx version contains the basics needed to things like that to happen (alive world).
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."