Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Claiming and Keeping a Site  (Read 3681 times)

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
  • My God! It's full of dwarves!
    • View Profile
Claiming and Keeping a Site
« on: July 23, 2014, 11:35:10 pm »

I've taken many a site in these last few weeks and I've been wondering about a few things? Why can't outsiders claim sites? Do they need to already be a member of some group? What can I do to prevent rebellions? Other than slaughtering the rebelling population. What even makes people upset with their local rulers? Why does my adventurer keep loosing his lordship after I retire him? Seriously, sometimes there's a rebellion and sometimes he just gives up his title for no reason that I can find in legends mode. And has anyone actually started an insurrection or have they just killed or chased off the previous lord, because every time I ask a random citizen if they want to overthrow their government they aren't interested.   

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Claiming and Keeping a Site
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 06:04:33 pm »

As I understand it, you usually will only be able to start an insurrection in sites that have been taken over by foreign forces. As for loosing titles, I don't know.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Burnup

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill until you can't, Then savescum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 06:24:11 pm »

I've been part of an insurrection so far reaching that even The Lord was a part of it. Though once I talked him into joining, the insurrection was successful!
Just tell her that you were merely doing what the voices in your head were telling you to do.

_elf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 06:27:25 pm »

In a large enough group, a brawl of varying severity might start because of the claim I made. Looking over some of the participants, a few are listed as allies. Even stranger, others offended by my character's actions may even agree to become hearthpersons or join for adventure for some reason. It seems unnatural.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 08:42:11 pm »

In a large enough group, a brawl of varying severity might start because of the claim I made. Looking over some of the participants, a few are listed as allies. Even stranger, others offended by my character's actions may even agree to become hearthpersons or join for adventure for some reason. It seems unnatural.
I guess they dislike your adventurers actions, but not his personality.

Think of it like this: your adventurer is a copy of Mr. Rogers, except he eats puppies for breakfast.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 01:38:13 am »

I guess they dislike your adventurers actions, but not his personality.

Think of it like this: your adventurer is a copy of Mr. Rogers, except he eats puppies for breakfast.

Or they don't like it, but see it as a path to their own advancement. Like working a shitty job because moneys.
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 11:27:25 am »

Outsiders can make claims to sites. However, they can't make claims in civilized sites, at least not at first. They'd need to become lords of more wild locations, such as bandit camps, caves, and lairs, before they're capable of making claims in more populated areas.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 11:29:36 am by ShinQuickMan »

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 02:17:31 pm »

Outsiders can make claims to sites. However, they can't make claims in civilized sites, at least not at first. They'd need to become lords of more wild locations, such as bandit camps, caves, and lairs, before they're capable of making claims in more populated areas.
Outsiders can't claim bandit camps until they are a lieutenant.
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children