Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: STEALTH WEREMAMMOTHS??!! - Now with +ART+  (Read 71135 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: This is the most horrifying thing: STEALTH WEREMAMMOTHS??!!
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 01:00:35 pm »

Now you know why Snuffleuffagus is skulking around in that back alley...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Has anyone TRULY figured out WHERE he lives on sesame street?

Maybe he reverts into a homeless guy, and nobody is the wiser!  (this IS new york we are talking about!)
His appearances on the show are few and far between as well-- Almost like it was on every full moon....

This is clearly the case. What does he eat? Has anyone ever seen him eat fruit, or leaves or anything? He is clearly carnivorous, and the reason that there are only puppets and a few humans on that show is HE HAS EATEN EVERYONE ELSE.

Oops Didn't mean to post here.

You are clearly the weremammoth (Snuffaluffagus) gathering intel. We are prepared, fool.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 01:15:18 pm »

My current fort recently got a combat report of a Yak Bull fighting a Werelizard without an announcement, so something definitely seems to have changed with the new version. The report never mentioned anything about it attacking stealthily though, so I don't know if it was sneaking at any point.

Definitely adds a little more FUN to having a were-creature show up though.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 01:17:35 pm »

According to the wiki werebeasts in their beast form are trapvoid creatures, but I don't know if this was verified for .40.
I have a goblin werehedgehog who came to my fortress recently. She appeared from stealth at the top of my main stairshaft in werehedgehog form (I did not have traps set up at that point) and sat around there for a while, then turned into a friendly goblin (with tear stained eyes) and wandered around inside my fort for at least a month. Fortunately for the dwarves she only transforming one other time while in a remote part of the tunnels. The war dogs tried to attack her when she first came through the entrance as a freindly goblin (with both her and the dogs continually fleeing in terror), but my conscripted military would not attack. Eventually I mostly walled off the section she was in with a cage trap at the opening, which caught her while still in friendly goblin form.
Soaplent green is goblins!

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2014, 01:23:36 pm »

STEALLLTH!!!....WEREMAMMOOOOOTHS?!?!

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2014, 10:28:59 pm »

According to the wiki werebeasts in their beast form are trapvoid creatures, but I don't know if this was verified for .40.
I have a goblin werehedgehog who came to my fortress recently. She appeared from stealth at the top of my main stairshaft in werehedgehog form (I did not have traps set up at that point) and sat around there for a while, then turned into a friendly goblin (with tear stained eyes) and wandered around inside my fort for at least a month. Fortunately for the dwarves she only transforming one other time while in a remote part of the tunnels. The war dogs tried to attack her when she first came through the entrance as a freindly goblin (with both her and the dogs continually fleeing in terror), but my conscripted military would not attack. Eventually I mostly walled off the section she was in with a cage trap at the opening, which caught her while still in friendly goblin form.

that entire paragraph and not a single sonic unleashed joke
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 10:38:47 pm »

"Weremammoth? whe..."

*crack*

HawaiianJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Hawaiian Shirts are amazing.
    • View Profile
Re: This is the most horrifying thing
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 10:42:38 pm »

STEALTH WEREMAMMOTHS

this game never stops entertaining me

Maybe it has color-changing fur ?

Metal Gear Mammoth
Flaming Baby Catapult

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2014, 11:51:52 pm »

ONE QUICK GOOGLE SEARCH LATER

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway, I'm crawling with werebeasts. Weremammoths, werelizards, wererats, what do you guys think I ought to do about this?
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2014, 11:53:15 pm »

Cage traps and an arena guarding the entrance. With luck, sieges will come during some creature's cycle and they'll get distracted for long enough to muster your army.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2014, 02:14:54 am »

OK SO. Bit of a necro. I managed to capture this same Weremammoth at the cost of a legendary planter.

What shall we do with it? I need creative answers.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2014, 02:52:08 am »

This is why you don't text and walk, kids. You fail your rolls for noticing weremammoths right in front of you.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2014, 05:44:20 am »

It reminds me of the D&D story about the guy who played as a bear, with all his points in the bluff skill and convinced everyone he wasn't a bear, except for one guy who called the bear out for being a bear, at which point the poor guy was taken away to the jails for offending one of the kings honored guests (the bear).

The Weremammoth is clearly doing the same thing, convincing people he isn't really a mammoth, because really, what sort of mammoth carries a hammer, right?
Followed by a sneaky *BONK* to the head when the victims guard is down...

Ladygolem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2014, 09:40:54 am »

I managed to catch a werelemur in a cage trap without problem. Sold it to the humans for 200 Urists. Seems like a fair deal.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2014, 09:42:51 am »

Got it, so werepeople are worth 200 Urists. Glad to know the price of slavery.  :P

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2014, 09:58:42 am »

Weremammoth? More like wheremammoth!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6