Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: STEALTH WEREMAMMOTHS??!! - Now with +ART+  (Read 71127 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: This is the most horrifying thing: STEALTH WEREMAMMOTHS??!!
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2014, 04:43:22 pm »

Urist McKid: "Mommy... Can you look for monsters in the cabinet?"
Urist McMom: "Don't worry, sweety. There aren't monsters in our fortress! Well, maybe there are weremammoths, but they're stealth and we couldn't protect you from them anyway. Now, have good dreams!"

Next thing Urist McKid knows, his face will meet a nice, silver war hammer from the Weremammoth.

Huh, if you can have stealth Weremammoths, what's to say you can't have stealth Were-anything?
The Weremammoth silently bashes The Macedwarf in the left upper leg from behind with its ({steel war hammer}), jamming the bone through the hip's muscle and fracturing the left hip's bone!
The Macedwarf falls over.
The Macedwarf transforms into a Weregiantspermwhaleman!
The Weregiantspermwhaleman silently bashes The Weremammoth in the head from behind with its ≡silver mace≡, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2014, 07:27:04 pm »

Of course that's genius when they transform they will get much heavier

Actually, no... when they transform to beast-shape, they gain the "trap immune" ability, so they stop activating the pressure plate.  When they go back to humanoid-shape, they regain the ability to activate a pressure plate.
Ah I see
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2014, 07:55:18 pm »

Of course that's genius when they transform they will get much heavier
Actually, no... when they transform to beast-shape, they gain the "trap immune" ability, so they stop activating the pressure plate.  When they go back to humanoid-shape, they regain the ability to activate a pressure plate.

Ah I see

This could be used as a method to keep were-aquatics alive in a holding area. You could tie the pressure plate to a method of flooding the chamber only when he transforms. I want a wereshark, you see.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2014, 12:05:17 am »

This could be used as a method to keep were-aquatics alive in a holding area. You could tie the pressure plate to a method of flooding the chamber only when he transforms. I want a wereshark, you see.
They're not immune to air drowning?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2014, 12:34:01 am »

This is why I love Dwarf Fortress.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2014, 12:49:32 am »

No Idea. I haven't met one yet. They probably are. I wonder if they're immune to regular water drowning, now that I think about it.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2014, 02:56:50 am »

No Idea. I haven't met one yet. They probably are. I wonder if they're immune to regular water drowning, now that I think about it.

that will be in the raws i think i cant check now because im not on my computer but theres a good place to start

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2014, 08:12:53 pm »

So.. The weremommoths are the newest king of beasts now? o.o

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2014, 08:19:51 pm »

Update on the specific Weremammoth in question: An accident in its containment led to the deaths of 46 dwarves. It was recaptured at the gates. I am quite sure that it is now a very skilled Weremammoth in terms of combat, and has become far, far more dangerous.

I have built a special vault for it deep under the earth. Here it will stay for eternity.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2014, 10:01:50 pm »

Update on the specific Weremammoth in question: An accident in its containment led to the deaths of 46 dwarves. It was recaptured at the gates. I am quite sure that it is now a very skilled Weremammoth in terms of combat, and has become far, far more dangerous.

I have built a special vault for it deep under the earth. Here it will stay for eternity.

Until the next civilisation to come along digs to deep and to greedily also this is a great example of the storys dwarf fortress throws up

Edit: I fixed the word starts apparently storys isn't a word and the closest word is starts
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:42:29 am by tuypo1 »

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2014, 04:50:11 am »

Until the next civilisation to come along digs to deep and to greedily also this is a great example of the starts dwarf fortress throws up

My suggestion is that it should serve as the first representative of your fortress to greet the HFS when the time comes. Just make sure its a full moon that day.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2014, 04:58:37 am »

At least they aren't wielding carps while riding skeletal elephants, followed by huge mosquito swarms.
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2014, 05:13:13 am »

The king of beasts is usually something no one expects to be as lethal as it is like carp or giant sponges. For a weremammoth, the game tells you to fear the night, so when one arrives you know it's lethal.

still, from this version's werebeast seems much more powerful than before.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Sda209

• Bay Watcher
  • Writer and Persona-user
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2014, 09:04:35 am »

I've yet to have a werecreature assault my fortress, so there's nothing I can really say about them, apart from them either being really weak or running away back in 0.34.11 (at least, in my experiences).

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2014, 10:13:43 am »

For a weremammoth, the game tells you to fear the night, so when one arrives you know it's lethal.

Actually, you don't know. It's stealthed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6