Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: STEALTH WEREMAMMOTHS??!! - Now with +ART+  (Read 71129 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: This is the most horrifying thing: STEALTH WEREMAMMOTHS??!!
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2014, 08:39:57 pm »

There could be more, right now, anywhere and everywhere, stomping silently about and swinging enormous mammoth-sized warhammers with deadly quiet.

I love you.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2014, 01:34:42 am »

I've yet to have a werecreature assault my fortress, so there's nothing I can really say about them, apart from them either being really weak or running away back in 0.34.11 (at least, in my experiences).

This has changed. It has changed so hard. With the new calendar and such, they stay changed long enough to cause serious harm. They don't stand up to a trained military, but they will rip apart civilians and recruits with ease. Especially since they can learn combat skills.

There could be more, right now, anywhere and everywhere, stomping silently about and swinging enormous mammoth-sized warhammers with deadly quiet.

I love you.

Yes, thank you.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2014, 08:39:51 pm »

I was home sick from work today, and decided to try making art with my computer for the first time outside of MSpaint. I used to "do art" in high school, but it has been a long time since high school.

Anyway, I thought you guys might be interested in stealth weremammoth art.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 07:46:19 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Swonnrr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2014, 05:04:29 pm »

I was home sick from work today, and decided to try making art with my computer for the first time outside of MSpaint. I used to "do art" in high school, but it has been a long time since high school.

Link not working  :(

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2014, 05:41:37 pm »

Thats what I thought just now too, but, you see.. We're underestimating the stealth powers of the weremammoth.. It looks like the image is missing, but the problem is that its there and we're not perceptive enough to see it :(

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2014, 06:17:38 pm »

So.. The weremommoths are the newest king of beasts now? o.o

Update on the specific Weremammoth in question: An accident in its containment led to the deaths of 46 dwarves. It was recaptured at the gates. I am quite sure that it is now a very skilled Weremammoth in terms of combat, and has become far, far more dangerous.

I have built a special vault for it deep under the earth. Here it will stay for eternity.

Until the next civilisation to come along digs to deep and to greedily also this is a great example of the starts dwarf fortress throws up

My suggestion is that it should serve as the first representative of your fortress to greet the HFS when the time comes. Just make sure its a full moon that day.

You can ensure this by setting up a containment area for it which will be opened by a pair of drawbridges (one leading to HFS, one to the fort) only after it has transformed and a second lever has also been pulled from inside the fort (so it doesn't escape early) Prepare the link between that sealed area and the mining tunnels first, unleash the HFS with no other way into the fort but to path through the were beast containment area, and then come the full moon the were beast will transform, the pressure plate holding the bridges will drop them, and you may witness glorious battle.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2014, 07:47:20 pm »

So.. The weremommoths are the newest king of beasts now? o.o

Update on the specific Weremammoth in question: An accident in its containment led to the deaths of 46 dwarves. It was recaptured at the gates. I am quite sure that it is now a very skilled Weremammoth in terms of combat, and has become far, far more dangerous.

I have built a special vault for it deep under the earth. Here it will stay for eternity.

Until the next civilisation to come along digs to deep and to greedily also this is a great example of the starts dwarf fortress throws up

My suggestion is that it should serve as the first representative of your fortress to greet the HFS when the time comes. Just make sure its a full moon that day.

You can ensure this by setting up a containment area for it which will be opened by a pair of drawbridges (one leading to HFS, one to the fort) only after it has transformed and a second lever has also been pulled from inside the fort (so it doesn't escape early) Prepare the link between that sealed area and the mining tunnels first, unleash the HFS with no other way into the fort but to path through the were beast containment area, and then come the full moon the were beast will transform, the pressure plate holding the bridges will drop them, and you may witness glorious battle.

This is going to happen.

Also, link repaired. Whoopsie.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:33:54 pm by Dunamisdeos »

HawaiianJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Hawaiian Shirts are amazing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2014, 08:21:50 pm »

Who wants me to take a crack at some Stealth WereMammoths?
*Silence*

Gonna do it anyway.
Flaming Baby Catapult

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: STEALTH WEREMAMMOTHS??!! - Now with +ART+
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2014, 01:49:50 pm »

Do it! Stealth Weremammoth art is best art.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2014, 11:04:04 pm »

Go for it.  :)

NomeQueEuLembro

• Bay Watcher
  • [COFFE_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2014, 06:13:09 am »

OMG, I laughed so hard.
Likes weremammoths for it's awesomeness. Also, got a trumpet that menaces with spikes of sheep wool.

HawaiianJon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2014, 08:19:28 pm »

I did a sketch in pen, because I cannot get too sidetracked from drawing an unrelated comic.
Flaming Baby Catapult

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2014, 09:20:12 pm »

Oh man.  I love this.  Did Toady just make werebeast more epic?  They werent bad before, when they did get the drop on you.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

HawaiianJon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2014, 07:42:18 am »

Oh man.  I love this.  Did Toady just make werebeast more epic?  They werent bad before, when they did get the drop on you.
When they could SNEAK
Flaming Baby Catapult

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2014, 08:36:59 am »

When they could SNEAK
Oh no, they would 'spring from ambush' before.   Now they are ninjas.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6