Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 16X16 embark  (Read 2007 times)

Rogtuok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
16X16 embark
« on: July 24, 2014, 09:29:16 am »

not sure if i have found a bugg or not or something else and im not sure were and how im suposed to report it.

well up to now i havebt been able to embark on 16*16 area as it has crashed all the time. meaning DF have shut itself down after it has worked for a good while.

now i can embark on a 16*16 area and im using the 0.40.03.

before i coudent and now i can embark and the thing i have done diferent is using the pyLNP and lowerd the total dwarfs in fort from 200 down to 80.
change the amount of children to 10 maximum 50 %
invaders off and cave in off.
and the DF file have not gone over 2gb or ram use.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: 16X16 embark
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 09:32:06 am »

If you embarked on a sufficiently shallow section of the world (which is more likely if you custom-generate a REGION rather than an ISLAND), a 16x16 embark might not push you over the 2GB threshold. However, it will still be very slow.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 06:37:16 pm »

How is your FPS on that 16x16 region?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Rogtuok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 12:07:27 am »

Around 20 it actualy gets beter after you have been playing a while. As it seams the pathing gets forgotten every time you load and it have to recalculate the best pathings agen.

Update 16x16 works with 40.04 also if you use pyLNP with the said things turned of. If you do not use pyLPN and have the things turned of DF crashes on embark.