Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

time travel idea

(1/2) > >>

azrael300:
I have an idea on how to time travel in dwarf fortress, you make a save state of the pressent and you can travel back to that. If you made two save states, what ever you do in the earliest one will have an affect on the later one, it just has to remember when and where on the map you set the later one and simulate the changed course in history up until the point in time and space you made the later state, and take you to the point in space of the later one... just hope that things have not changed too much and you dont get stuck inside a wall.

scamtank:
Jesus what are you on.

My Name is Immaterial:
You know, this might actually work, especially with the new world gen code. The main problem would be determining when the save states are saved at. It wouldn't work as a mod, as the game stands (probably), but when more and more gets put out into Raws, this could be really interesting.

--- Quote from: scamtank on July 24, 2014, 12:04:20 pm ---Jesus what are you on.

--- End quote ---
I don't know, but I think I might want some.

azrael300:

--- Quote from: My Name is Immaterial on July 24, 2014, 12:15:57 pm ---You know, this might actually work, especially with the new world gen code. The main problem would be determining when the save states are saved at. It wouldn't work as a mod, as the game stands (probably), but when more and more gets put out into Raws, this could be really interesting.

--- Quote from: scamtank on July 24, 2014, 12:04:20 pm ---Jesus what are you on.

--- End quote ---
I don't know, but I think I might want some.

--- End quote ---
If i had a working computer, i might be able to do something....(i only have a tablet now)
Warning, doctor who reference and spoiler ahead
Omega! Help us discover the secrets of time travel! You shall be known throughout all of gallifrey and dwarfania for your your sacrifice into a singularity!

Sergarr:
Time travel = much bigger CPU load = low FPS = no good

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version