Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Changing all civs to [LIKES_SITE:CITY] What will happen?

(1/2) > >>

DizzyCrash:
I am thinking of making all civs instead of just tolerating the other city styles to just    [LIKES_SITE:CITY] and likes forest retreats and goblin style places so every race likes all other city site styles, what will happen? I am imagining all the civs moving in together goblins and elves and dwarves living together more oftan than they are now... I kinda like the randomness of it all.

DizzyCrash:
I am very curious before I go ahead with this modification.

Mohreb el Yasim:
a try is the best to tell. i do not know if they will move in from other civilizations, but they will move there if they conquer one (my guess they wont cross civilisation borders to live together) if you want them to use the sites as default that is an other tag (to build them) => then they all build the same type of sites. (however Dark fortresses has some issues, as they have some conditions to spawn.)

DizzyCrash:
For some reason all the civs stop growing after 2 or 3 sites are placed... i can let it run for upto 300 years and still they dont grow... why?

ShadowFireDwarf117:
you mention that each civ only gets 2-3 sites, perhaps its the initial spawn that makes the site. In that case, the modification you added prevents the civs from expanding or create site caravans. Have you considered looking at the files for goblin abduction? perhaps you could make a reaction that activates when a foreign creature wants to join a city. what the reaction will do is to set their status as abducted and also indoctrinated like the kidnapped children that grows up in goblin sites.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version