Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68]

Author Topic: LGBTQ+ Thread  (Read 49187 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LGBTQ+ Thread
« Reply #1005 on: January 26, 2024, 09:13:36 am »

Is it that obvious? I suppose I should've figured it would be, for you guys anyways. Yes, yes, I am pretty depressed. Clinically, even. I am very mentally ill actually, in all sorts of exotic, queer ways. I lowkey should be institutionalised. Or at least observed. I wish I was joking.

Before you say it, no, I absolutely cannot seek help. Mental health care here is nigh-useless. It is all either conservative muslim woman hoping score heaven points by preaching about Islam, or old hags who use papers from 1960's and classify homosexuality as a mental illness. Not to mention the waiting times. It is not an option. Turkey is not a place that values mental health. Geography is fate.

I do not feel inadequate towards the greater society as a whole. I frankly do not care about the worthless opinions of their obviously false god and con artist, pedophile prophet. I've always found it very easy to completely disregard cultural norms, too. I do not have internalised homophobia. I am sure of that.

My feelings of inadequacy come from within. I can only describe it as a hunch. An overwhelming, dysphoric feeling. It isn't paranoia. It is not a distant, unsure "what-if". It is an alarm. An alarm that says "Something's not right. Something's missing." I don't know what, but it is just that.

Maybe this means I am nuts. Runs in the family, no big deal. Or maybe my subconscious is obsessing over nothing again, perceiving things where there are none. I might even be hyperfixated on a previously miniscule feeling in my attempts to understand it, and accidentally made it larger because feelings are fractal and all that.

I am rambling now. I'll probably be marginally better come spring.

Might be worth trying to find an online counsellor. There's a quite a few organisations that cater to LGBTQ youths with mental health concerns, and they aren't going to have the cultural hangups common in Turkey.

Do you have a group of friends that you spend time with? Proper friends I mean, with common interests and open mindsets. I struggled a lot with my mental health in my teens and the start of my twenties because I didn't fit in well with my peers, and that didn't really get better until I went to University and had a lot more people my age with shared interests to hang out with. While a lot of my struggles were unrelated to my sexuality, or rather my sexuality played only a minor part in them, having more friends helped me with feeling comfortable in myself in general, including my attraction to men and prompted me to confront my longstanding depression.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: January 26, 2024, 02:03:29 pm »

Might be worth trying to find an online counsellor. There's a quite a few organisations that cater to LGBTQ youths with mental health concerns, and they aren't going to have the cultural hangups common in Turkey.

I dunno... Seems sketchy. But again, most things seem like that to me, so... Maybe it could be worth a shot.

Do you have a group of friends that you spend time with? Proper friends I mean, with common interests and open mindsets. I struggled a lot with my mental health in my teens and the start of my twenties because I didn't fit in well with my peers, and that didn't really get better until I went to University and had a lot more people my age with shared interests to hang out with. While a lot of my struggles were unrelated to my sexuality, or rather my sexuality played only a minor part in them, having more friends helped me with feeling comfortable in myself in general, including my attraction to men and prompted me to confront my longstanding depression.

no

No, I dont.  And I can't. Navigating neurotypical social norms is like walking on a minefield at night. They are especially unforgiving in this culture. The only way to win, is not to play.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: February 18, 2024, 08:10:34 pm »

Started on a T microdose. I had a hell of a weepy and anxious first month while I tried to figure out if I should be on:

• zero gel
  • "one" gel [standard nonbinary transmasc dose]
  • "one and a half" gel
  • "two" gel [standard trans male dose]

Anyway it turns out that on "one" gel I eat and on the other amounts I don't, so I'm practicing acceptance of sloooooow change and leaning in for the long haul.

Among other things I unfortunately learned after accessing medical treatment, I'm genderfluid and rotate between various genders, preferred sexual interests, and expressions. I say "unfortunately" because I still mostly go by "they" but I suddenly unlocked both my inner scruffy masc butch and my inner high femme (and everything in-between) :P

I was worried I was gonna need a whole lot of surgery but after one month my chest is receding enough that I can get away with skipping the binder on some days, I'm pretty committed to and settled into at least the hormonal part of the transition, AND I can usually redirect my brain to think about things other than gender dysphoria when that flares up. We'll see what happens next but I feel pretty good about not making any further moves for the next two or three years.

You'd think a game about pawns becoming queens would be more accepting.

Also, this is a great quote.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 08:20:27 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: February 19, 2024, 04:07:19 pm »

Is High Femme like a high elf? Extremely snooty around other non high-fems, but somehow never overtaking them?
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: February 22, 2024, 02:01:39 am »

Congrats on starting T.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: March 05, 2024, 02:54:33 pm »

WE ARE BACK
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: March 05, 2024, 10:01:06 pm »

I call myself bi but I was thinking about it and I can't recall feeling any particular sexual attraction to a man ever.

I think I am homosexual/biromantic.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: March 05, 2024, 10:26:15 pm »

I call myself bi but I was thinking about it and I can't recall feeling any particular sexual attraction to a man ever.

I think I am homosexual/biromantic.
If you self-identify as "male" at times and as "female" at times, and are always attracted to women, then the identify of "bi" makes sense to me.
Just a random thought from the peanut gallery...

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 06, 2024, 12:13:09 am »

I'm not genderfluid though.

But I suppose then it'd make sense yes.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: March 27, 2024, 07:39:23 pm »

Lawmakers in Thailand overwhelmingly approve a bill to legalize same-sex marriage
https://apnews.com/article/thailand-marriage-same-sex-equality-law-9a2f9da6b5b36a1cf70dee5caec70e23
Quote from: apnews
The bill amends the Civil and Commercial Code to change the words “men and women” and “husband and wife” to “individuals” and “marriage partners.” It would open up access to full legal, financial and medical rights for LGBTQ+ couples.
I think it's very good to see this legislation happen in Thailand.
Max avatar size is 80x80
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68]