Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Brewing Problems  (Read 1407 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Brewing Problems
« on: July 24, 2014, 02:06:19 pm »

I am only able to brew certain plump helmets. I can't figure out why.

Nothing is forbidden, I have over 150 plump helmets sitting in a stockpile, I have lots of extra barrels made of both new and old wood. It will not give me the option to brew all of my plump helmets. Anyone know whats going on?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Nixamus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Brewing Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 02:12:27 pm »

Try using the manger (j-m) to queue some Brew Drink jobs. It's fixed the problem the couple times I've had it.

Echostatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 02:13:17 pm »

Same here, not sure what's up.

Pre-posting edit: I'll have to try the job manager method.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 02:20:15 pm »

Trying this now.

I have also noticed that my dwarves don't seem to want to use all of the plump helmet spawns for planting.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

fluffhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 02:40:31 pm »

Trying this now.

I have also noticed that my dwarves don't seem to want to use all of the plump helmet spawns for planting.
yeah i've got that same problem myself. 

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 02:42:57 pm »

Yeah, the manager didn't work.

I checked my raws to see if anything wonky happened since I updated with Pheobus 40.04, but no dice. Plump Helmets appears to have the correct reaction tags for brewing plants. My Fort is about to die of thirst :\

It is saying that it is looking for a  "DRINK_MAT producing Leaf". Does it only want leaves now for brewing? I know leaves are a new thing.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 02:53:15 pm by Dunamisdeos »

macscarfe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 03:07:25 pm »

I had a massive problem with brewing earlier, everything was the same as in every other fort I had attempted except one ... both still and stockpile was in a burrow, and even though the alert was not active and the brewer had access to everything it still refused the option to brew at the still.

Once I deleted the burrow it worked perfectly. (Perhaps I should have tried removing the alert the burrow was associated with first but I needed wine for my dwarves and not fodder for the bug testers ;) )

Is the stockpile (or part of it) covered by a burrow and not the still, perhaps that could explain why only some plump helm can be brewed and not others?

fluffhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 03:18:15 pm »

one thing I have noticed is that the seeds seem to be in a bag inside of a barrel.  I've now set the stockpile to accept no barrels but the barrel remains with seeds in it.

Nixamus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 03:46:06 pm »

It is saying that it is looking for a  "DRINK_MAT producing Leaf".

Your dwarves are attempting to brew from fruit rather than from plant. Why this is, I can't tell you beyond making sure you are properly ordering brew from Plant actions.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 04:21:41 pm »

Mixing of items in containers have problems right now, I believe there is an option somewhere to not mix food in barrels. Keeping seeds out of your food storage is also important.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 05:21:44 pm »

This is why I never embark without some sort of water-source, as both farming and brewing has a tenancy to randomly decide to not cooperate.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 06:08:31 pm »

I mean, heck, I've got water. I've got an internal cistern fed by a lake, and no one is going to starve.

Still though, there has to be some workaround.

It is saying that it is looking for a  "DRINK_MAT producing Leaf".

Your dwarves are attempting to brew from fruit rather than from plant. Why this is, I can't tell you beyond making sure you are properly ordering brew from Plant actions.

Does anyone know where this might be in the raws? Perhaps we can fix.

::EDIT::

FOR ARMOK'S SAKE, IT JUST FIXED, AND I DON'T KNOW WHY.

It's like being back in software classes all over again.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 06:11:51 pm by Dunamisdeos »

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 06:22:42 pm »

FOR ARMOK'S SAKE, IT JUST FIXED, AND I DON'T KNOW WHY.

I'm going with this theory: your plant stockpile allowed barrels, and took from anywhere.  The plump helmets that weren't being brewed were in a barrel.  That barrel was tagged as part of a hauling job.

Now, the barrel is back in the stockpile and untagged for hauling, so you are able to use its contents.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz