Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where is all the dwarven loot?  (Read 802 times)

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Where is all the dwarven loot?
« on: July 24, 2014, 08:07:49 pm »

Starting as a dwarf you only get access to crappy leather in the fortress and when you go to human forts they have iron armor and weaps all over the ground, but you cant wear any of it because its too big for dwarfs. Where does a dwarf find iron armor? Also where do you find steel? I never seen steel anywhere.

Moonshadow101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Where is all the dwarven loot?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 08:17:43 pm »

Dwarves are the only race in the game with the capacity to create Steel, so you'd have to find a way to get it from them. Are the trading depots in fortresses actually capable of trading? I haven't tried.

That said, the most natural way to find Dwarf-sized gear is to find some goblin soldiers, murder them to death, and steal their stuff.

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 08:52:31 pm »

Dwarves are the only race in the game with the capacity to create Steel, so you'd have to find a way to get it from them. Are the trading depots in fortresses actually capable of trading? I haven't tried.

That said, the most natural way to find Dwarf-sized gear is to find some goblin soldiers, murder them to death, and steal their stuff.

Hmm im not sure about the trading depot, would be cool if you could. The only other place I can think of are shops, but those are rare/hard to find and aren't they human shops? Do they even sell iron/steel that would fit a dwarf? As far as goblins they always have crappy lioncloth and no armor.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 10:28:48 pm »

You can trade at a trade depot, yes. I'm not sure if there's somebody in particular you have to talk to.

If you don't mind a spot of modding, you can change dwarves to size 70000, which is what everything in Adventurer Mode is sized for.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.