Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let workshops be only partially linked to input stockpiles  (Read 546 times)

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Let workshops be only partially linked to input stockpiles
« on: August 07, 2014, 09:53:57 pm »

If you link a still to an input vegetable/fruit stockpile, then for brewing to work it must also be linked to an input barrel/pot stockpile.  You should be able to link the still to just the brewables input stockpile and let it take the containers from anywhere.

Or, if this isn't done, at the very least provide some sort of warning/error if you try to link the still to just one input stockpile, so that you'll know why brewing isn't working.

Zarathustra30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let workshops be only partially linked to input stockpiles
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 02:32:53 am »

I would really like a "take from anywhere/links only" toggle on my workshops, with links being prioritized when choosing an item.
How did we pass from inns with merry songs and happy music to temples of doom and medieval torture with so much easiness and eagerness??

Adrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 06:44:56 am »

Stockpile links can be more accurately described as "workshop links"

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 07:28:06 am »

Yes, i think the issues with links would be much less of a problem if you could assign links from workshops and/or if the _workshops_ displayed which stockpiles they were linked to. Should be much easier than having some code that tries to work out "this workshop is linked to plants but not to barrel/pot stockpiles, so the sourcing of plants should be restricted but that of pots/barrels shouldn't".