Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Unofficial" trading with caravans + purses  (Read 509 times)

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Unofficial" trading with caravans + purses
« on: August 08, 2014, 11:43:07 am »

Dwarves could keep their money (coins?) in a [BAG] and go to the trader and buy (possibly try to steal, with consequences :) ) things they like or want or whatever from the trader . Dwarves keeping their money in a purse would also be a great way to reduce clutter in their rooms from stray coins. It would also be cool if their personality effected whether they kept their purse in their room or on their person (keeping it in the room provides space for crime :) )

I assume they are bringing in their wagons and setting up a lil bazaar or something, like in adventure mode just smaller :).

Edit:
Things people might buy:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 11:55:46 am by YAHG »

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Unofficial" trading with caravans + purses
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 12:52:35 pm »

I'd be surprised if some version of this weren't planned but so much will change when economy is reintroduced. Inns are gonna be an exciting addition.

As for dwarves buying their hearts' desire, it's a great idea and it would work with an economic system like feudal serfdom where serfs were expected to grow their own food in their own piece of land besides all the work they did for their lord. It would also work with a more just and free society where if a dwarf really liked farming he could grow his own crops after making a bid with the noble in charge for a little plot of his own.

However, at this point in the game, the extra items and fortress space all of this would require would be deadly for fpss

(keeping it in the room provides space for crime :)
And it makes coffers way more useful if there's a way for dwarves to lock them. Also lead, I always stockpile my useless artifacts behind lead doors when I have galena just for rping sake.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 12:55:08 pm by Deboche »