Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: [IC Thread] Kurchil's Children - Day 1 - Introduction  (Read 16510 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [IC Thread] Kurchil's Children - Day 1 - Introduction
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2014, 05:57:11 pm »

Varkhal seemed pleased the mood hadn't soured due to the small incident, smiling a bit more brightly as she told them what to do just before, and while, leaving. "Understood." Following her instructions, Varkhal sticked to the damaged areas, hitting the ground of certain areas with the butt of his spear and stomping with his foot in search of the holes while trying to avoid falling clumsily into one.

Search for a giant mole tunnel. In case a tunnel is found get down through it and follow down its length (preferably with some source of light, like a borrowed lantern, if there aren't any orifices allowing some sunlight in).

In case no tunnel is found, move a little away from the garden and impart the Oik rune upon one of the strips of leather cut from Sofia's armor (I suppose we have two).
The source of pain should be biting the tip of one of his fingers hard enough to cause pain without wounding.

"Sofia, what do you think?" he asked, turning his face towards his companion.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:51:27 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2014, 06:24:23 pm »

"No, it's beneficial magic, growth and blessings, it has no name though"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2014, 06:30:43 pm »

"No, it's beneficial magic, growth and blessings, it has no name though"
"No name? Huh. Well, I've never much understood magic, regardless of what I though to call it, so I suppose that's little different from it having a name. Growth and blessings? Those sound helpful, can you put it to use easily?"
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2014, 06:35:18 pm »

"I have some basic things I can do easily yes"
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2014, 06:44:27 pm »

"I have some basic things I can do easily yes"
"Great! Where should I get you? Taking care of injuries? Grieving families?"
My Area

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2014, 06:56:21 pm »

"Injuries, one of the spells I am best at enhances natural healing"

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2014, 07:03:45 pm »

"Injuries, one of the spells I am best at enhances natural healing"
"Fantastic. There's a small triage area run by local women on the southwest side of town. I'm sure they could use your help. Tell them Jaren sent you and they'll welcome you."
My Area

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2014, 08:41:17 pm »

"Thank you"

Meyath heads to the location indicated, hepy to have something to do, although still sad at the necessity

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2014, 04:21:43 am »

((I am wary of double post but it's been almost/more than 24 hours ... so BUMP!!))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2014, 12:33:32 am »

Sofia nods appreciatively. That sounds like an adventure I can get behind!" She smiles and swings it a couple of times, away from everyone else. "Yep, let's get em!"

Help him look for mooooles.

Spoiler: Sofia Sala (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sofia's Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sofia's Portrait (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2014, 12:58:40 am »

((ahh lutefisk. I notice mylack of post when I distinctly remember posting a reply D:<
RRRRRRRR Net :I

...Interlocuting. xD That got me well.))

The usual of exchanging words would fly right over Cara's ears, but that was a thing of many years past before she focused on the languages. For a moment, she spent a few minutes sitting on a closed empty barrel and reflecting on this notion--replaying the words of those she heard before.

It was a funny thing, saying the same words in Wolfkin. Linguistics was a funny thing.

Having decided that, she wondered if there was anyplace she could find a teacher. Not the direct-to-hands sort, but someone who can give guidance on what to find.

Search around the harbor, or talk to the intellectuals, about where she could find a teacher on wilderness survival or road-survival and related concepts.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2014, 10:11:46 am »

Search around the harbor, or talk to the intellectuals, about where she could find a teacher on wilderness survival or road-survival and related concepts.

Cara wandered back to the group of intellectuals and asked where she could find someone who could teach her about surviving on the road. This time a third chimed in.

Quote from: Inquiry to the Intellectuals
Tall Intellectual: "Hmm... Practical knowledge; something all should know yet few study. This port is not known for such guides. A few do exist on the other side of this island, however. Iseaya is sure to have a few people who could be quite instructive on wilderness survival."
Colorfully-Dressed Intellectual: "Yes, but surviving on the road is a different matter; the most dangerous animal often being man. I would inquire in Aetharbor after the men and women who guard caravans. Though they often travel in groups I have known them to go alone supporting single merchants. They would surely have a wealth of knowledge related to surviving on the road, and likely the wilderness too."
Serpen Intellectual: "These all lack the knowledge of surviving in the desert. There is nothing like the desert. If you can survive there, none of these other places will even be a challenge. Seek out a nomadic group of serpen and ask them to guide you. It will cost you, but you can get no better training."
Tall Intellectual: "Now see here, we're all asking her to travel to get this knowledge, but what she wants is the ability to travel safely. Perhaps she is better off reading on the subject. I noticed a vendor here does have a small selection of guides, mostly for surviving particular wildernesses, but they would be a place to start."

The intellectuals all looked to Cara for her reply.
My Area

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2014, 10:16:20 am »

...I love this conversation.

"All the advice is great, but I'm looking to start at the basics," Cara replied in turn, keenly checking her own voice if there was anything with the language, "Traveling alone. On the roads between ports and cities. Like the road to the...harbor opposite this side of the island. How does that sound? Is it possible to get there before nightfall?"
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 10:18:00 am by Tiruin »

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2014, 10:29:06 am »

...I love this conversation.

"All the advice is great, but I'm looking to start at the basics," Cara replied in turn, keenly checking her own voice if there was anything with the language, "Traveling alone. On the roads between ports and cities. How does that sound?"

Cara's clarification of her request brought the group back on track.

Quote from: Intellectuals Investigating
Tall Intellectual: "See I told you we were asking a lot! We need something she could obtain on this island with simple, general knowledge."
Colorfully-Dressed Intellectual: "Hmm... I saw the same guides as you but they aren't general enough; she would have to purchase and read a good number before being able to just travel anywhere with confidence in her knowledge..."
Serpen Intellectual: "Ah! That's because you're looking for knowledge labeled as such! Instead, we need to ask ourselves which books here would contain that information regardless of their title. The clear answer is Ritual Herbs: A Botanogeography of Spirituality. Its He'vu's journal as much as a treatise. He details his travels, and they were quite expansive. A lone serpen wandering the area likely faces the same hazards as a wolfkin."
Colorfully-Dressed Intellectual: "I've read that one as well, and it does offer a wealth of practical advice. It would be well suited to a beginning traveler, although the rest of the subject matter is not of interest to all."
My Area

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2014, 11:19:39 am »

((Just like intellectuals x3 I love that natural way of speaking.
OH, also I think the others posted their actions :P Unless I'm practically left behind and you're focusing on me as the... .__. yeah.))

Cara had little idea what Botanogeography was, having heard it only now in her life, but guessed it was a mix of botany and geography...
"That sounds like a start! Where may I find a copy of it, and probably how much do you think it'd be?"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11