Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The World is The Same as Ever  (Read 2413 times)

Snukkems

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The World is The Same as Ever
« on: August 05, 2014, 12:35:51 am »

So, I know the Outpost liason keeps you updated on happenstance in the world every year, and when nothing notable happ<ens for a year you get that message.
I've gotten it for two years (possibly 3, we'll see in a couple seasons). Now, my question is:
Is it that my world is that lame (There were lots of battles, and there's even a couple wars still happening between some factions in legends) and nothing is happening
Is my home civilization ('The Fortresses of Winter'just too far removed to hear about other civilizations getting messed with?
or
Is it just a bug ?

I'm inclined to believe one or two, and regen the world after this fort if nothing changes by the time it crumbles. But it's nice to know either way

Torrenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The World is The Same as Ever
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 12:49:47 am »

As I understand it, rumors now need to travel.

The world is no longer psychic.  IF you don't tell them of your exploits, they won't care who you are.
//Torrenal

Snukkems

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 01:24:49 am »

So, what you're saying is, stuff probably happening my outpost liasion just doesn't read the newspaper enough?

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 06:46:42 am »

You mainly get notes on your own civ's sites since that's what he hears about.  If they are not at war then not much is happening.  Not sure if rumour can spread via trade, ought to, just dont know if it's done.

Check your civ with the 'c' button and examine the positions, make sure they are all dwarves and that it's well populated and/or check it in the export to see that it's healthy
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Snukkems

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 03:28:37 pm »

You mainly get notes on your own civ's sites since that's what he hears about.  If they are not at war then not much is happening.  Not sure if rumour can spread via trade, ought to, just dont know if it's done.

Check your civ with the 'c' button and examine the positions, make sure they are all dwarves and that it's well populated and/or check it in the export to see that it's healthy

Ah that seems to be the problem. My orginal civ was at war, but then I selected this one because it had a cooler name (The Fortification of Winter, compared to like the Rusted Gears or something)  and it's not at war.

But the Legends Viewer location of this Civ is pretty badass, it's on a temperate peninsula extending off of the north pol. I'm still under the impression they're at war as I've had at least one Goblin Siege before the fliers preventing invasions bug happened (I'm going to fix that just as soon as I get my defenses up.  Right now I'm enjoying the peace)

Just struckme as odd, evdery other fort I've played has had pages after pages after pages of world updates.