Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Brewing Issues  (Read 1663 times)

MystRunner

• Bay Watcher
  • Idiots Roam Free! Beware all ye who enter!
    • View Profile
Brewing Issues
« on: August 05, 2014, 03:38:53 pm »

So I just started a new fort in the latest build and noticed something strange. You cannot toggle brewing. Is this a glitch or something that hasn't been turned on yet. I also have a feeling my still is auto brewing as I made up some barrels and with out telling the still anything it automatically brewed up a bunch of beer. So the question is. Is this a bug or not?
I don't know what is more impressive, that dwarves can skip salting and curing meat opting for zombiefication, or that the dark art of necromancy has been twisted to the cause of curing meats.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature Simulator.

dexxy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Brewing Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 03:51:25 pm »

Brewing works normally for me. The jobs have to be entered at the still or at the manager screen or else no beer.

Can you describe this auto-brewing phenomenon more please?

MystRunner

• Bay Watcher
  • Idiots Roam Free! Beware all ye who enter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 04:23:56 pm »

So basically I made up barrels. I don't remember telling the still to produce beer and then magically my tiny booze stockpile is full of booze. Also my still seems to be lacking the brew drink command. I have extract from plants, and make mead. But no brew drinks. Here is a picture showing the rather alarming problem. The top is new build bottom is DF2012 build.
I don't know what is more impressive, that dwarves can skip salting and curing meat opting for zombiefication, or that the dark art of necromancy has been twisted to the cause of curing meats.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature Simulator.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 04:38:58 pm »

It sounds to me like there's something wrong with your raws - upload a copy of your fortress to DFFD if you want somebody here to figure out what's wrong with it.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 05:56:14 pm »

So I just started a new fort in the latest build

You've modified the game, or you've downloaded a modified version, or you've extracted one version inside another version's directory.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz