Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Heresy  (Read 4373 times)

Skylord_Conor21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Heresy
« on: July 26, 2014, 08:50:58 am »

Forgive this heresy folks, I know losing olis fun and all, but what about a way to actually WIN the game?

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heresy
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 09:09:02 am »

How would that work? History goes on forever. I imagine something like fotress goals will be a thing when starting scenarios are, but they definitely shouldn't lead to a 'you win' screen.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 09:10:49 am by Dyret »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 09:09:19 am »

ok tell me the way to win at real life and then we'll talk
._.

Skylord_Conor21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 10:21:33 am »

Good point. I am sorry great masters of DF, I realize now that I have treated DF like a game when it is actually real life.

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 01:32:49 pm »

The only way to win life is to reach the end. The longer it takes for you to reach the end the more points you have, that's why everyone wants to live forever. So they can get a high score.
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

Skylord_Conor21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 03:51:41 pm »

So are bronze colossi heads worth lots of points?

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 04:14:08 pm »

Dwarf Fortress doesn't and probably will never had a Win State.

It is possible to make a Fort, thats wondrous and doesnt get attack anymore or can fend off any attack, but its meant to be a fantasty world simulator. And well, you've founded a new dwarven state to stand the test of times.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

reundwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 02:44:42 pm »

There are many ways to win, some of them easier than others. One way is to forbid all of your food and drink, and not give your dwarves any access to water. This makes your dwarves realize there is more to life than making rock trumpets and pig tail socks. They will then fast and meditate, and ascend to the higher planes. Continue, until they reach the 7th plane of existence. Once they reach this plane of existence, you will recieve a message saying "Your fortress has crumbled to its end" or some similar message. Congratulations, you won! Another way is to wait for a goblin siege, and leave all of your dwarves outside to make friends. Upon greeting the goblins, they will chat, and solve any disagreements through logical argument, and reach a happy conclusion. Then, using the powers of interspecies friendship, they will have fabulous tea parties, and start a knitting club. Once you see the message saying "Your strength has been broken", you know its been a success!
to dwarf, or not to dwarf, that is the question.

Purple_Drink

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 09:07:13 pm »

The only way to win life is to reach the end. The longer it takes for you to reach the end the more points you have, that's why everyone wants to live forever. So they can get a high score.

I like this. Also I think this is my first post. (Edit: Nope: my second post.)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 09:14:35 pm by Purple_Drink »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 09:44:01 pm »

maybe there could be some kind of resentful and angry "you win  >:(" screen that deletes your world afterwards if you play too conservative or something
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 09:16:56 am »

Please change the title of the topic to something including your actual suggestion; I came here thinking you were referring to actual heresy as a feature in game.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

esperandus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 10:01:38 am »

Me too. Which is a shame, since I think dominant religions modeled into Civs / Forts, with perhaps cults, shcisms, and intafort strife caused by religious dissent (from migrants worshipping other gods, perhaps) would be cool :)

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 01:54:18 pm »

I think actual heresy would be interesting. For example, it leads to your Dwarf being cursed, as it says in the Legends Mode. So basically, there is always a threat of a vampire or were-beast.

I don't want that, honestly, but I feel like that would be a possible implementation.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2014, 02:25:24 am »

Personally, I think winning is...Enslaving the false-gods of the realm with books, then going down to the HFS, take the sword, and conquer hell.

Then.

Then you have won.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2014, 02:46:22 am »

That thought brings to mind the Arbiter's punishment in Halo 2... I can totally see all the dwarves standing around, shouting "Heretic! Heretic! Heretic!" While the hammerer draws a bunch of knives and forks and begins to dissasemble the heretic dwarf, before finally giving him a swift death to the hammer. OR a random, slim chance of him becoming a sword master, and having to have a meeting before your leading noble.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
Pages: [1] 2 3