Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Manager Extension - Exclude Workshops  (Read 1196 times)

BlueAnchorite

• Bay Watcher
  • Cacame! Cacame! Cacame!
    • View Profile
Manager Extension - Exclude Workshops
« on: July 26, 2014, 10:39:50 am »

Hi all, not sure if this has been suggested before (did a quick search, nothing jumped out at me in particular) but I find it annoying that you cant manage certain workshops if using the manager function, as by profiling workshops, the manager will still give the profiled workshops jobs, which depending on the jobs and the profiles assigned, wont be completed.

My suggestion is an option in the profile of workshops to toggle whether or not they can be assigned jobs from the manager menu, allowing for jobs you don't really care about to be done by anybody, while profiling workshops for high value jobs such as armor/weapon crafting by your master crafters.

Please discuss about whether this would alleviate the issue or of ways to make this more versatile.
it's better than the avatar I made for you   
Very true. This one does not make Jesus cry.

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
Re: Manager Extension - Exclude Workshops
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 11:22:43 am »

Yes, please.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 11:17:24 pm »

Manager would also benefit from more specific material selection, while we're at it. Sure, you can fiddle with stockpile links, but that's troublesome because the stockpiles have to be completely rearranged first before the jobs even work properly.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 05:14:09 am »

My suggestion is an option in the profile of workshops to toggle whether or not they can be assigned jobs from the manager menu, allowing for jobs you don't really care about to be done by anybody, while profiling workshops for high value jobs such as armor/weapon crafting by your master crafters.
+1

BlueAnchorite

• Bay Watcher
  • Cacame! Cacame! Cacame!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 10:22:28 pm »

Another thought for adding to the manager would be a repeat function, so if you want your 4 enabled craftshops to pump out stone crafts on repeat, you could do that from the manager.
it's better than the avatar I made for you   
Very true. This one does not make Jesus cry.

MightyEvilPunk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 10:03:18 am »

Strongly agree. I want the ability to exclude certain workshops from manager order, so giving the order to process 9000 pig tails to one farmer shop, you can be sure that another one will be free for instant order to make cheese or spin thread to avoid its reanimation in evil biome.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 10:07:40 am by MightyEvilPunk »

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 11:32:41 am »

Manager needs a major overhaul.  And it needs to use paper up.

MightyEvilPunk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 12:55:34 am »

It seems to me, it would be even better, if we can toglle certain workshops while configuring manager order. So if you make two or more orders, requiring one type of workshops, you can run them in parallel by separating available workshops between these two orders.