Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Giant anteaters kill 2 hunters.  (Read 3841 times)

senilking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Giant anteaters kill 2 hunters.
« on: July 26, 2014, 02:38:37 pm »

No, really.
http://news.yahoo.com/giant-anteaters-kill-two-hunters-brazil-211858253.html

Dwarf fortress has gotten so lifelike I think Toady has broken the plane between the worlds. I didn't even know they were aggressive in real life. Or dangerous. Next thing you know, Carp will be dragging people into the rivers and drowning them.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Giant anteaters kill 2 hunters.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 02:47:26 pm »

I'm Brazilian. Giant anteaters are very dangerous. Just look at their claws. They are known to kill hunting dogs for sport, and can easily disembowel a grown man.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 10:59:49 am »

And they thought those people in Irvine were just being silly when they called their sports team the Anteaters.

Anteater football is undefeated.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Irenices

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 01:32:41 am »

I'm Brazilian. Giant anteaters are very dangerous. Just look at their claws. They are known to kill hunting dogs for sport, and can easily disembowel a grown man.

I may not be from Brazil but i'm going to disagree that they kill dogs for sport.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 01:35:10 am »

I may not be from Brazil but i'm going to disagree that they kill dogs for sport.

Figure of speech. They kill as many dogs as hunters send to them.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 08:55:22 am »

I remember a case a few years ago of an anteater killing a zoo caretaker in Argentina, everyone was WTF just happened?

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 09:00:07 am »

I feel sorry for the "hunters" killed by the giant anteaters, but from what I understand these animals are little more than hyper-twitchy dogs with nail extensions.  One on one I fancy my chances, and I think any dwarf would do too.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Absentia

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 12:48:01 pm »

I feel sorry for the "hunters" killed by the giant anteaters, but from what I understand these animals are little more than hyper-twitchy dogs with nail extensions.  One on one I fancy my chances, and I think any dwarf would do too.

They're not the most dangerous creatures in the jungle, but I wouldn't pick a fight with one bare-handed. Those "nail extensions" are no joke if they're digging into you. And imagine the shame of having "mauled by an anteater" in your obituary.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 02:53:19 pm »

They have a pact with the jaguars; they distract you while the jaguar jumps on you from behind.  Then the jaguar eats you and not them.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 05:03:28 pm »

They have a pact with the jaguars; they distract you while the jaguar jumps on you from behind.  Then the jaguar eats you and not them.

Then I suggest seeking an alliance with ants. Ants should have little love for anteaters.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 05:15:54 pm »

Then I suggest seeking an alliance with ants. Ants should have little love for anteaters.

A pity, because anteaters love ants.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 01:02:42 am »

Huh. I never knew that giant anteaters have panda heads on their forelimbs.

senilking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 08:26:47 am »

If they are not against us, they're for us, right?

Huh. I never knew that giant anteaters have panda heads on their forelimbs.

Wow. Just wow. I had to. like. go check the picture on the website to make sure you didn't photoshop that.

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 02:53:32 pm »

Jaguars know anteaters can do the "hug of death" on them if they try to do that. Seriously, it's called that.
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

Gojira1000

• Bay Watcher
  • Demands a glass bed? Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 03:23:38 pm »

Figure of speech. They kill as many dogs as hunters send to them.

Easy solution? Quit using dog-packs on large, relatively placid herbivores with GIANT CLAWS.
"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." - Oscar Wilde
Pages: [1] 2