Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Issues with Animal Breeding  (Read 469 times)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Issues with Animal Breeding
« on: July 26, 2014, 04:03:03 pm »

Hiya,

So I embarked with a pair of one-humped camels and a pair of two-humped camels, intending to create a herd of camels.  But, three years later, they have yet to produce a single camel calf (yes, I do have a male and female of each).  In previous versions I always had calves by the first spring, did something change in the raws (I haven't touched the creature_large_tropical.txt file), or am I suddenly doing something wrong?

This is what I did:
1) male + female of each camel type
2) 31x31 animal pen zone with plenty of grass & access to water (not that they need it...yet)
3) wait for calves (...3+ years & still waiting...)

Any ideas?

-Dame de la Licorne

P.S. As an added note, my cats and modded-in aurochsen (added to the creature_domestic.txt file) are producing normally.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 04:06:21 pm by Dame de la Licorne »
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

quies

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with Animal Breeding
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 11:17:46 am »

not sure it helps you in the slightest, but i haven't had any turkey eggs hatch like normal( ie nest box and all the jazz to keep the eggs in said box)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 03:21:29 pm »

Hiya,

I ended up posting my save on the bug tracker, it's #0007651, if you want to add yours (though I have no idea if they're related).

-Dame de la Licorne
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

quarague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 03:12:18 am »

I have issues with getting any mammal births in my 40.04 fort. Fort is now almost 2 years old, I have cats and dogs (both male and female) and no births whatsoever. The bugbats in the caverns seem to mate fine (I occassionally get the message, bugbat has given birth to pups), the birds are laying eggs properly as well. I haven't seen any dwarf babies yet either although this might be due to lack of time and to few couples of married dwarfs. Both animal births and dwarf births worked for me in 40.03. Any idea what could be causing that?
More importantly, ... , making the project pointlessly difficult and requiring greatly overcomplicated means to set up  ...
from Sphalerite

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 04:59:41 am »

My cats are breeding but my dogs are not :\