Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Claiming a hillocks  (Read 5932 times)

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Claiming a hillocks
« on: July 26, 2014, 07:25:24 pm »

Is it possible to successfully site-claim a hillocks? I've killed the mayor and tried to occupy both the Castle Mound and the Civic Mound, but the successful site claim message never appears.

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Claiming a hillocks
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 08:54:56 am »

I am interested in the answer, whenever I make a claim, no one takes me seriously...

Starwing

• Bay Watcher
  • It is terrifying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 03:42:40 pm »

My guy can't even claim; he keeps saying "He forgot his bold pronouncement."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 04:00:49 pm »

I tried to claim a kobold campsite (in an attempt to get the game to realize that yo, it's dead) which I had emptied and got the same thing.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 06:45:40 pm »

I've never succesfully claimed anything.  at what point does it succeed? I've tried running around claiming it to everyone, killing the site leader and pretty much anyone else who gets in my way and clearing the main building of everyone, but I never get any sort of confirmation or anything?
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 09:27:35 pm »

I've never succesfully claimed anything.  at what point does it succeed? I've tried running around claiming it to everyone, killing the site leader and pretty much anyone else who gets in my way and clearing the main building of everyone, but I never get any sort of confirmation or anything?
The lord/lords may be out traveling. When out and about I've come across a general, a lord, and a lady at different times.

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 01:55:53 pm »

So far there has been no confirmation that claiming hillocks is possible. Is this a bug? I could not find anything relevant on the tracker.

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 02:08:44 pm »

Hillocks in general are just terribly designed. Either a little hill cave stuffed full of dwarfs or a basement dungeon where there are 5 dwarfs per tile.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 02:41:03 pm »

While on the subject, has anyone managed to site claim and get a title aside from Lord/Lady?

also: i am currently the lady of 6 different towns. is there any way to unify my rule? (apparently these count as six different governments)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 05:09:17 pm by random_odd_guy »

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 05:19:10 pm »

While on the subject, has anyone managed to site claim and get a title aside from Lord/Lady?

also: i am currently the lady of 6 different towns. is there any way to unify my rule? (apparently these count as six different governments)

I believe I read somewhere you can't.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 05:23:54 pm »

Was that a no to becoming a different rank? Or was that a "No, while you may go out and conquer the world, your lands shall remain divided despite this." or both?

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 05:45:16 pm »

Was that a no to becoming a different rank? Or was that a "No, while you may go out and conquer the world, your lands shall remain divided despite this." or both?

Both, forgot where exactly I read that so don't take it 100%. I think it was in a thread where a retired adventurer kept showing up hostile in a reclaimed fort.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 06:58:25 pm »

I wonder if I can, through shenanigans, get a certain person promoted to monarch, via fortress mode. If this happens with a retired adventurer (unlikely as that is) I am curious what will happen if you then take them out of retirement.

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 08:36:39 pm »

I wonder if I can, through shenanigans, get a certain person promoted to monarch, via fortress mode. If this happens with a retired adventurer (unlikely as that is) I am curious what will happen if you then take them out of retirement.

You can get an adventurer into your fortress by just spawning him from there and then retiring. Limiting the dwarves in worldgen, I've been able to get them down to 10 people. with the 8 in your fort w/adventurer you might have an easier time of getting the monarch, especially if you send a 2nd adventurer out from another source to take out the non-player fort dwarves.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 08:43:02 pm »

This needs to be tested. I will probably do this at some point. The vast vast majority of my adventurers lately have been legendary swordmaster vampires, which probably helps.