Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fun Basic Modding Idea's to make the Vanilla game funner  (Read 2589 times)

magnum2016

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fun Basic Modding Idea's to make the Vanilla game funner
« on: July 27, 2014, 01:21:05 am »

Hello everyone,

I know only the very basic bits of modding and i am looking to just spice up my games slightly,

So far i have given the Elves Caravan Guards and Wagons but what else should i do to make the game funner?

Please keep in mind don't want to make the game outright silly i want to keep it pretty close to vanilla

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Fun Basic Modding Idea's to make the Vanilla game funner
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 10:02:22 am »

I gave evil grass a syndrome that makes farm animals that eat it go berserk.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 10:28:25 am »

Could give dragons wings, flier and flier gaits.

Reduce the coverage of helmets from 100 down to 90. That allows for a lucky strike from even low quality weapons to off a dwarf.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 10:32:24 am »

Gloves with the extra tags METAL, METAL_ARMOR_LEVELS, CHAIN_METAL_TEXT and ELASTICITY replaced with CHAIN_METAL.

Chain gloves are better at protecting your hands from flying off than plate gauntlets of any sort.

sv-esk

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry for my bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 10:44:43 am »

Gloves with the extra tags METAL, METAL_ARMOR_LEVELS, CHAIN_METAL_TEXT and ELASTICITY replaced with CHAIN_METAL.

Chain gloves are better at protecting your hands from flying off than plate gauntlets of any sort.
Also should do it with chausses. Because it can be (or always was?) chainmail IRL

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 10:49:16 am »

Eh, chausses are a weird exotic product of human whimsy. If you want chain over your legs, just wear leggings. Or the greaves that are impossibly impenetrable anyway. There's no default way to mail up your hands.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 11:34:56 am »

I gave some savage animals [LARGE_PREDATOR] and [PRONE_TO_RAGE:1] for fun. Also gave the rage tag to unicorns (who were highly aggressive in the legends)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 10:32:59 pm »

Shearable cats, milkable dogs.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 01:29:34 am »

[PET_EXOTIC] on elves/gobbos.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
  • Looks like cat for dinner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 02:09:43 am »

Moving bears to the list of potential domestic pets is always my favorite. Embarking with bears is the best thing ever.
Advanced Civilizations (0.40.X+)

Former creator of Metallurgy, Atum, Aquaculture, and Agriculture for Minecraft and Toxic Worlds for Starbound.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 02:26:37 am »

On that note, tweaking CREATURE_VARIATION:GIANT so that PET_EXOTIC and MOUNT_EXOTIC tags don't get summarily removed. Domesticate them in fort mode, beware of elves running into battle riding giant tigers.

golemgunk

• Bay Watcher
  • you are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 03:43:41 am »

delete [LAYER_LINKED] and copy the tokens from the human entity into the subterranean_animal_peoples entity

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 06:03:47 pm »

A vey minor cosmetic mod I've made is to change the symbols used to name wars etc, with different entities using different themes.

E.g. Dwarves = Wealth, Humans = Assertive, Elves = Nature, Goblins = Evil

That way, when looking through the Legends, you have an idea of who started any particular fight from the name, and it also gives a bit of culture to the different civilizations.
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 06:30:03 pm »

A vey minor cosmetic mod I've made is to change the symbols used to name wars etc, with different entities using different themes.

That way, when looking through the Legends, you have an idea of who started any particular fight from the name, and it also gives a bit of culture to the different civilizations.
can you tell me how you did this please?
._.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 06:57:59 pm »

can you tell me how you did this please?

In language_SYM.txt, there are words sorted by what type of words they are. The symbol IDs can be used to assign these words to certain instances. For example, the vanilla dwarven entity has these:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The first argument is what the words can be applied to, and the second is the ID of the symbol.

For example, this:
[SELECT_SYMBOL:WAR:NAME_WAR]
   [SUBSELECT_SYMBOL:WAR:VIOLENT]
Will name wars with words categorized under [SYMBOL:NAME_WAR] and [SYMBOL:VIOLENT]

According to the entity token page on the wiki, symbols can be applied as names to the following:
ALL, REMAINING, CIV, SITE, VESSEL, RELIGION, MILITARY_UNIT, TEMPLE, WAR, BATTLE, SIEGE, ROAD, BRIDGE, TUNNEL, WALL
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 06:59:40 pm by BlackFlyme »
Pages: [1] 2