Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legless People and Clothing  (Read 1539 times)

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legless People and Clothing
« on: July 27, 2014, 05:52:12 pm »

So before I lost my hard drive, it decided it got tired of me dropping it, I made Lamia, civilized snake people. I never got around to testing it in depth, before I lost everything. But what I'm wonder is do Legless_humanoids have to wear shoes/pants, or can they go without and still remain sane?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Legless People and Clothing
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 06:05:18 pm »

If they have a body part with [STANCE], then they will need shoes.

If they have a body part with [LOWERBODY], then they will need pants.

If they have a body part with [UPPERBODY], then they will need a shirt.

Hats and gloves are optional clothing.

If they have multiple of the same parts, then they will want all of them covered.

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 08:21:57 pm »

Note that this will mean that legless, tail-stanced beings can wear pants, thongs, et cetera. (Encountering a similar problem with my merfolk experiment, I gave them only skirts in their entity definition to minimize the absurdity, but those living among other species...)
"A rational enemy is better than a foolish friend." -Arab proverb

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 09:07:31 pm »

I don't imagine that it would be hard to spot a snake-person living amongst humans.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 05:11:16 pm »

I don't imagine that it would be hard to spot a snake-person living amongst humans.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It was fine until I saw the boot.

Nil Athelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 01:25:57 am »

What happens if a body part is, say, both [LOWERBODY] and [STANCE] at the same time?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 01:47:05 am »

IIRC shirt takes precedence over pants, which take precedence over boots, so it would just need to wear a shirt and pants. I might be remembering wrong though.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 09:53:58 am »

On a semi-related not what would occure if you have 2 entities with the same activity (trade) season , i.e. Lamia+Elves with spring, will both show up at the same time, will one wait for the other to leave, or will you only get 1 per year?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 10:51:27 am »

On a semi-related not what would occure if you have 2 entities with the same activity (trade) season , i.e. Lamia+Elves with spring, will both show up at the same time, will one wait for the other to leave, or will you only get 1 per year?
They will both show up in Spring, maybe at the same time or maybe not.  But both caravans can be in your Trade Depot at the same time, and you can pick which one you want to trade with.

The real question is... will they be hostile to each other?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 11:07:05 am »

They will both show up in Spring, maybe at the same time or maybe not.  But both caravans can be in your Trade Depot at the same time, and you can pick which one you want to trade with.

The real question is... will they be hostile to each other?

No barring, a (ethic) war, bug, or same space problems. Though I will make them in winter, I know snake people in winter doesn't make much sense.

What determines whether or not something has it's own name, i.e. like ye olde tigermen? Is it can_speak and/or can_learn?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 06:29:15 pm by locustgate »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 06:47:02 pm »

IIRC the exact tag is CAN_SPEAK that grants names.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.