Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vampire lovers?  (Read 2160 times)

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampire lovers?
« on: July 28, 2014, 12:27:40 am »

Lot of problems with vampires in the new version. Specifically the NPCs, one, townsfolk never seem to attack them, likely related to them not attacking me, they don't seem to turn hostile upon being revealed. the townsfolk even get ANGRY with me for killing them. Instead of attacking me they run into the distance never to be seen again, for no apparent reason. If they are gonna do that I expect at LEAST for an angry mob to chase after them.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire lovers?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 01:16:07 am »

Maybe vampires finally figured out that they don't to kill people to drink their blood, so they became the town's historian in exchange for a small amount of blood from each citizen.
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 05:09:42 am »

Interesting theory, but oddly enough flasked blood doesn't seem to quench my own vampiric thirst.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 09:01:09 am »

They are very evasive, and so far I've noticed that they stay on the outskirts of the town usually until nightfall comes, then I find them darting in and out of houses, presumably getting drinks.

EinsteinSatDown

• Bay Watcher
  • Return to the Corn Fields
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 09:10:24 am »

I've come upon a goblin law-giver vampire.

Same pattern as mentioned above, he does not attack upon being revealed, and no one attacks him in turn.

This was quite interesting to me, as the goblin lady outright told me he was an vampire.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 09:16:48 am »

After I killed two criminal bosses in the keeps dungeon, the two ladies (one was a priestess though) in the keep itself lamented the deaths and hated me for it, which made me confused, like they were relatives or something.

While I like the new interactivity, it needs a good deal more work like knowing why exactly they hate me. And for companions to not be so cowardly.

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 09:50:13 am »

I think their personalities are broken atm, Bug?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 10:05:01 am »

It is hard to say if it is a bug or the communities are intended to shun vigilantes. Perhaps the next one would be more inclined to celebrate death.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 10:27:33 am »

It is hard to say if it is a bug or the communities are intended to shun vigilantes. Perhaps the next one would be more inclined to celebrate death.

Their responses are also bugged, so it's hard to tell what's going on when everybody keeps saying either it's inevitable or it's terrible.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 11:04:50 am »

After I killed two criminal bosses in the keeps dungeon, the two ladies (one was a priestess though) in the keep itself lamented the deaths and hated me for it, which made me confused, like they were relatives or something.

While I like the new interactivity, it needs a good deal more work like knowing why exactly they hate me. And for companions to not be so cowardly.

It's possible that said lady was in fact in league with the criminals after all. I once faced a similar situation in which I killed a historical criminal in a dungeon, and the town's lord hated me for it. Then, I discovered from a nearby settlement that said town was actually ruled by a criminal organization. I had no qualms claiming that town and putting the "lord" to the noose.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 11:14:26 am »

Their responses are also bugged, so it's hard to tell what's going on when everybody keeps saying either it's inevitable or it's terrible.

Let's face it, a typical reaction to an adventurer's actions is terror. There is not enough variations to dialogue however, and those who does not care should stop claiming so.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 11:43:40 am »

Let's face it, a typical reaction to an adventurer's actions is terror. There is not enough variations to dialogue however, and those who does not care should stop claiming so.

Except that their reactions are unvarying and it's hard to get a sense of what's really going on or how they're actually reacting.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 12:01:48 pm »

Technically there is no "revealing" of vampires, I don't think that's a thing anymore, the title is just there and you can tell by the symbol. Maybe werebeasts still hide out in communities, since they are a regular person most of the time.

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 02:15:22 pm »

Technically there is no "revealing" of vampires, I don't think that's a thing anymore, the title is just there and you can tell by the symbol. Maybe werebeasts still hide out in communities, since they are a regular person most of the time.

For the ones you find wandering around at the outskirts of sites, yes. There are still however disguised vampires you have to "Accuse of being a night creature" to reveal them.
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 04:53:19 pm »

when you reveal the vampire, it shouts out that you are a fool and it will slay you, and then...runs into the distance, never to be seen again. they also tend to not be in their house, and i have to Z to wait for an hour, and then QUICKLY accuse them before they BOLT OFF INTO THE DISTANCE AGAIN.
Pages: [1] 2