Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [SPOILERROCK] weapons?  (Read 1371 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
[SPOILERROCK] weapons?
« on: August 05, 2014, 02:08:01 am »

I've seen a few people talking about using slade weapons in the arena, but adding the appropriate tags to slade in inorganic_stone_mineral.txt doesn't seem to bring it up in the arena. Are there additional steps needed?
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: [SPOILERROCK] weapons?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 02:44:01 am »

Is ITEMS_WEAPON an appropriate tag? Might be a silly question, but you never know.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 02:56:24 am »

Is ITEMS_WEAPON an appropriate tag? Might be a silly question, but you never know.

I believe so. I copied adamantine's tags, so theoretically it should be useable. Is the [IS_STONE] tag interfering?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 09:21:59 pm »

A quick lookup of stuff based upon memory that may help, in item_weapon there's the shortsword entry that has the [CAN_STONE] tag, that permits shortswords to be made of obsidian.

inorganic_stone has the entry for obdisian, that has a variety of sheer, tensile, etc stats on it and notably, [MAX_EDGE:20000]

I'm guessing [CAN_STONE] permits it to check material values off something with [MAX_EDGE] - I've not modded the raws in forever, so someone with more experience here may be a better bet, but it may require you to have suitable stone and weapons with the [CAN_STONE] tag to pull this off.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 11:08:54 pm »

After a little testing in Fortress Mode, slade is also unusable for constructions. Other than [UNDIGGABLE] (which I removed), what tags stop slade from being used?
GM of Trespassers V2.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 11:56:01 pm »

DEEP_SURFACE. Probably.

I believe so. I copied adamantine's tags, so theoretically it should be useable. Is the [IS_STONE] tag interfering?
I guess that's the case. If something is stone, it's kind of hard to use it to make metal objects.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 01:36:28 am »

I don't want to remove [DEEP_SURFACE] and leave hell paved with microcline or something. Changing [IS_STONE] to [IS_METAL] made it pop up in arena mode but I haven't checked if you can use it in fortress mode yet.
GM of Trespassers V2.