Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: GrizzleMerchant and the Cave Government  (Read 11452 times)

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
Re: Entire own civ hostile in embark cave; the death of the Visitor
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 12:40:03 pm »

26th of Granite, Early Spring: A bandit siege has come and gone. Though the invaders did not seek out the cave dwarves, they eventually fought when them on sight. The cave dwarf guard Urvad Bookcalmed, who had previously shown the hostility of the cave dwarf guards by killing the blacksmith, earned a bit of of redemption through a heroic and dwarven death, as she singlehandedly killed a squad of bandits (including an elite marksdwarf) before falling into a pool of water and drowning. The remains of the second bandit squad fled after one of their wrestlers was beaten to death by a group of cave dwarf civilians led by the dutchess.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Soaplent green is goblins!

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 05:41:34 pm »

1st of Hematite, Early Summer: A large wave of migrants arrives, including two Traders who might have been the previous caravan merchants. We are now 28. A number of them have been assigned to mining for an eventual pick militia. Strangely, the cave dwarf guards have not attacked since the speardwarf killed the blacksmith (maybe due to the blacksmith being one of the first seven?). Unlike the Visitor, however, they do not seem to have the regular dwarven ability to avoid traps. After one of the cave civilians died on a weapon trap, cage traps were set up to catch the cave dwarves wandering in. A dormitory complex is being constructed to release them into, which should be a substantial improvement over the cave they were previously dwelling in.
About the Visitor, he has not been content to terrorize the fortress during his life and has returned as a ghost to cause more misery. I am currently undecided whether to give him a shoddy slab or none at all.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 04:48:40 pm »

You're working in great DF tradition here, using the allegiance bugs to create a unique story. Have you considered moving the thread to Community Games & Stories?

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2014, 12:36:06 pm »

You're working in great DF tradition here, using the allegiance bugs to create a unique story. Have you considered moving the thread to Community Games & Stories?
That might be a good idea. How do I do that?

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2014, 05:00:14 pm »

There should be "MOVE TOPIC" and "LOCK TOPIC" tabs to click at the bottom left corner of this thread when you view it (possibly only on the first page).

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
Re: GrizzleMerchant and the Cave Government
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 11:14:56 pm »

16th of Malachite, Mid-Summer: The visitor's troublemaking spree continued, with workers continually disrupted by the dead dwarf's menace.
Eventually his ghost was dealt with by crafting a slab of the lowest quality and placing it next to his bones, still on the spikes that killed him. At long last, Kemus Steamygrowls is gone for good.
In another piece of good news, out chief medical dwarf has had a strange mood, and created an artifact mechanism. It has an image of "The Rocks and The Universe", an appropriately dwarfy tome.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2014, 01:01:58 pm »

PTW. This is hilarious. Kind of creepy too. Also, that book sounds like an awesome read :D.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 01:04:24 pm by Dwarf4Explosives »
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2014, 03:42:41 pm »

This is rather strange. I just received an email mentioning that ^ posted here, but I don't recall subscribing to this topic and I don't seem to have posted here before.

But I'm not unsubbing because I find this rather interesting too.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.
Pages: 1 [2]