Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military Commander issue  (Read 459 times)

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Military Commander issue
« on: July 28, 2014, 03:19:07 pm »

Ok, right now I only have 1 member of my military up, my Commander.  I have a small 9x9 danger room set up for him to train in, with an armor stand off in an alcove to assign the room(which I have set to train).  I've set up his equipment in military screen(metal armor, ind. choice weapon), set his squad to active, went through each month to select him and train with a 1 minimum squad members.  The only non-military skills he has is woodcutting, and nothing is selected to be cut.  All he does is drop his axe, fetches a bin to collect it, puts bin in the stockpile, rearranges all the copper armor pieces I embarked with for him specifically, picks his axe back up, heads to the meeting hall, then repeats the process.  No matter what I fiddle with dude doesn't seem to want to go train.

Using the starter pack, patch 40.05, phoebus graphics.

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military Commander issue
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 03:24:54 pm »

Ok, right now I only have 1 member of my military up, my Commander.  I have a small 9x9 danger room set up for him to train in, with an armor stand off in an alcove to assign the room(which I have set to train).  I've set up his equipment in military screen(metal armor, ind. choice weapon), set his squad to active, went through each month to select him and train with a 1 minimum squad members.  The only non-military skills he has is woodcutting, and nothing is selected to be cut.  All he does is drop his axe, fetches a bin to collect it, puts bin in the stockpile, rearranges all the copper armor pieces I embarked with for him specifically, picks his axe back up, heads to the meeting hall, then repeats the process.  No matter what I fiddle with dude doesn't seem to want to go train.

Using the starter pack, patch 40.05, phoebus graphics.

I usually station them in the danger room with an order then get someone else to work the lever for a few minutes till everyone inside is legendary.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 04:30:57 pm »

Woodcutting, mining, and hunting conflict with military equipment. Disable them to get your dwarves properly equipped.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 05:51:01 pm »

Woodcutting, mining, and hunting conflict with military equipment. Disable them to get your dwarves properly equipped.

woot, that was it, thank you :)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 06:03:50 pm »

I have a small 9x9 danger room

... that's what you consider a small danger room?!
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 06:13:36 pm »

I meant 3x3 :P, was thinking 9 total tiles

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 01:18:36 am »

I meant 3x3 :P, was thinking 9 total tiles