Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 10,000 Leagues Under the Magma Chute  (Read 1817 times)

Meatshield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
10,000 Leagues Under the Magma Chute
« on: July 28, 2014, 07:43:41 pm »

I have a volcano that is subject to having a couple of excess skilled dwarves entering it's hot, molten depths within a deathtrap submarine. The plan is to send a crew of approximately 23 dwarves who upon reaching the bottom of the magma will breach the solid rock bottom, excavate, and colonize. And if those outcasts heroes somehow succeed at doing all of this. We'll produce a tunnel to them which will allow us to steal their hard work and resources have prosperous trade with our slaves friends down below.
Jarloth Steellungs is my current dwarf wrestler, who enjoys breaking everyone's knees and elbows and then working his way down from fingers to toes to ankles to wrists to arms to legs to gouging the eyes. And if he has a knife (though he prefers sharp rocks) he'll remove their ears, nose and tongue but only after kicking their teeth out.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: 10,000 Leagues Under the Magma Chute
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 07:51:07 pm »

solid rock bottom,
i think there may be a problem with your plan.  Isn't it all SMR down there?
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Meatshield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 07:57:17 pm »

What do you mean?
The miners will dig through the stone. The Volcano appears to have a bottom based on the from the z-levels.
Like I said. I selected only the most unimportant valued dwarves for the crew.

Besides even if there isn't a bottom, I'll find a way to create a bottom.

I forgot to ask before, does anyone wanna get dorfed for this mundane disposal of waste elite operation of dwarfsploration.
Jarloth Steellungs is my current dwarf wrestler, who enjoys breaking everyone's knees and elbows and then working his way down from fingers to toes to ankles to wrists to arms to legs to gouging the eyes. And if he has a knife (though he prefers sharp rocks) he'll remove their ears, nose and tongue but only after kicking their teeth out.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 07:59:30 pm »

I'll take a dwarf. Because why not. Not sure this concept will actually work, but the worst that could happen is dying horribly.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Meatshield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 08:04:22 pm »

I'll take a dwarf. Because why not. Not sure this concept will actually work, but the worst that could happen is dying horribly.
Quick Question.
I have a list of crew occupations. Do you have any preference toward your dwarf's job?
I have the following positions:
2 miners
1 carpenter/mason
8 Farmers/Workers
1 Smith
1 Hunter
9 Soldiers
1 Militia captain

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 08:05:00 pm »

Do share your submarine plans.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 08:05:48 pm »

Quick Question.
I have a list of crew occupations. Do you have any preference toward your dwarf's job?
I have the following positions:
2 miners
1 carpenter/mason
8 Farmers/Workers
1 Smith
1 Hunter
9 Soldiers
1 Militia captain

Hunter. Because that sounds like the most helpful thing a dwarf can do on a submarine.
Spooky Signature

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 08:06:46 pm »

I'll take the carpenter/mason
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 08:07:34 pm »

I'll have the militia captain. So, how do you plan for this to work?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Meatshield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 08:09:44 pm »

I will when my dwarves are a little more settled. As of now we have a vampire problem...

...NEW IDEA.
WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO BE DORFED AS THE VAMPIRE ELITE MEMBER OF THE CREW?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 08:10:37 pm »

I will when my dwarves are a little more settled. As of now we have a vampire problem...

...NEW IDEA.

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME
Spooky Signature

Meatshield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 08:18:16 pm »

I Hate to notify you guys, but there's a few issues that need dealing with before the construction can even begin.

I have to discover who the vampire is, and spare them from the hammerer judicial system.
Then I have to create enough supplies for the crew to sustain themselves a good while.
Also I may soon be at war with some tree hugging hypocrites elves and goblins.

On the brightside I have constructed the "dock" above the volcano. And the recent seizing of an entire elf caravan has supplied me quite a bit.
When I get the chance I'll send a screenshot of the volcano so you can get an idea of how large this vessel can be.

Meatshield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 08:25:51 pm »

...NEW IDEA.

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME
Hey, maybe you can be a "Vampire Hunter".
Heheh...

...bad humor. But still ironic.

Meatshield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 09:17:45 pm »

Anywhoozits.

Here is a picture of the area we have to work with.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I won't be back to this game for about a week or 2. (Maybe even a Month! Vacations ruin DF...)
But if you guys have the ability you can make some designs and anyone new to this can be dorfed.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 09:50:41 pm »

I suppose you could set up a water drip system that covers an area of 5x5, each later would obsidianize, then drop to the "bottom", and a stack of such layers could eventually reach all the way up to the surface, allowing you to dig a descending passage down the exact center to the "bottom" and contact the Circus.  That is, if there is a bottom.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: [1] 2