Poll

Poll

is
- 3 (33.3%)
finished.
- 6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: MC-COM: Mythological Creatures Combat Unit (Xcom in the Dark Ages) (Turn 1)  (Read 6597 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: MC-COM: Mythological Creatures Combat Unit
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 10:08:02 am »

Stats:
HP: 4 -
Will: 5
Str: 2 +
Dex: 4 +
Move: 10
Sight:6

Just noticed this.  You have one unused increase due to that decrease.

Also, poll is up.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MC-COM: Mythological Creatures Combat Unit (Xcom in the Dark Ages)
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 10:58:37 am »

Spoiler: Organisation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

+1

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
Re: MC-COM: Mythological Creatures Combat Unit
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 11:03:46 am »

Stats:
HP: 4 -
Will: 5
Str: 2 +
Dex: 4 +
Sight:6

Just noticed this.  You have one unused increase due to that decrease.

Also, poll is up.
I'll go edit that. Thanks for noticing!
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2014, 11:16:58 am »

Name: Siggurd Olafsson
Geographic Area of Origin: Orkney Isles
Appearance: A tall, thin man with extraordinarily bushy eyebrows. His blond hair is long and braided, beard included.
Backstory: A viking warrior from the Orkney Isles, he has heard tales of many disturbing things happening around the world and feels that it is his duty to the gods to destroy such monsters. He came looking for this organization after hearing rumors of it and its goals.

His primary combat function is a scout/archer.

HP: 4
Will: 5+
Str: 2 
Dex: 4
Sight: 6+
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 12:07:10 pm »

+1

You make your own character and vote in the poll for the organization.  We're not following one character.  As I said in the OP, the suggestion part is the Geoscape where the Player Characters debate for various actions, and you control your character on the tactical level.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2014, 01:05:23 pm »

Finally finished my character sheet. I blame the backstory for making this take 2 hours. And it isn't even that long.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 03:41:01 pm »

I find it interesting that, for a short time, Attila's Auxiliary and The Imperial Guard were tied in votes.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2014, 04:03:53 pm »

I'm surprised. Especially in a game where mobility will matter. I thought going Hun was a good strategy, but everyone else thinks carrying walls with us sounds smart.
My Area

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2014, 04:17:04 pm »

Honestly, it's the fluff that stopped me.  It's 900 AD: if we're going to go to other countries in Christian Europe and convince them to let us help them with their manticore infestations and what have you, it'll help to not be a bunch of horse-riding pagan tribal barbarians fresh off the steppes eagerly singing the praises of someone who sacked the heart of their civilization and made the name of his very people a byword for generalized and indiscriminate brutality, especially when our particular band of horse-riding pagan tribal barbarians has either just brutally invaded and crushed is about to invade and crush all of its neighbors (the Carpathian Basin in 895, the Balaton by 900, Great Moravia by 907).  It is a bit limiting on character options if you aren't already Hungarian. 

Besides, we can have wagenburgs, fancy shining armor, and broadswords.   Yes, even though plate armor is still quite expensive, to say the least, and will remain so until the High Middle Ages. ^_^
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 04:19:26 pm by Culise »

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2014, 04:25:00 pm »

Honestly, it's the fluff that stopped me.  It's 900 AD: if we're going to go to other countries in Christian Europe and convince them to let us help them with their manticore infestations and what have you, it'll help to not be a bunch of horse-riding pagan tribal barbarians fresh off the steppes eagerly singing the praises of someone who sacked the heart of their civilization and made the name of his very people a byword for generalized and indiscriminate brutality, especially when our particular band of horse-riding pagan tribal barbarians has either just brutally invaded and crushed is about to invade and crush all of its neighbors (the Carpathian Basin in 895, the Balaton by 900, Great Moravia by 907).  It is a bit limiting on character options if you aren't already Hungarian. 

Besides, we can have wagenburgs, fancy shining armor, and broadswords.   Yes, even though plate armor is still quite expensive, to say the least, and will remain so until the High Middle Ages. ^_^
Fine, the fluff might have been a little limiting. But mobile armies with competent bowmen won more battles than longswords hiding behind mobile palisades. That's just a terrible strategy...
My Area

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2014, 04:26:45 pm »

All irrelevant when we don't actually know what we will be fighting.
This is a blank sig.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2014, 04:35:11 pm »

Fine, the fluff might have been a little limiting. But mobile armies with competent bowmen won more battles than longswords hiding behind mobile palisades. That's just a terrible strategy...
I wouldn't say it's terrible, per se, not given the performance of the tabor (and its eastern cousin the Wu Gang) and much later, the streltsy, but it is more suited to anti-cavalry tactics than the sort of battle we may face.  Still, your comment does make me realize that I did kinda botch my submission - I wanted that knight/holy order feel, but Mobility/Defense/Medium Range would have suited that better than Defense/Medium/Long, not to mention making it something that's not an accidental clone of the Imperial Guard.  Ah, well, a bit late for that now. ^_^
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 04:39:12 pm by Culise »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2014, 05:43:28 pm »

Reset poll after removing 2 with the lowest totals.  This time, could everyone please use both votes?  Many used only a single vote.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2014, 05:45:27 pm »

Reset poll after removing 2 with the lowest totals.  This time, could everyone please use both votes?  Many used only a single vote.
But, the only other two I was considering got dropped... I don't want no mobility advantage :P
My Area

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2014, 05:56:39 pm »

But, the only other two I was considering got dropped... I don't want no mobility advantage :P

In that case, vote for the one that could be easiest to utilize horses with.  The values are only for the starting equipment, not what you can get.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5