Poll

Poll

is
- 3 (33.3%)
finished.
- 6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: MC-COM: Mythological Creatures Combat Unit (Xcom in the Dark Ages) (Turn 1)  (Read 6622 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: MC-COM: Mythological Creatures Combat Unit (Xcom in the Dark Ages)
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2014, 09:34:57 pm »

Huh.  The only difference between 4 and 6 is fluff.  Did not notice that.  Oh well.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2014, 09:43:42 pm »

Reset poll after removing 2 with the lowest totals.  This time, could everyone please use both votes?  Many used only a single vote.
Oops. Chalk an extra vote for 3, then.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2014, 09:51:03 pm »

Reset poll after removing 2 with the lowest totals.  This time, could everyone please use both votes?  Many used only a single vote.

Really, they are a bit more different than that, since the areas change the mythological creatures you are going to encounter.  Edit: also, what did you vote on that you want to change to 3?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 09:57:48 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2014, 09:59:09 pm »

Really, they are a bit more different than that, since the areas change the mythological creatures you are going to encounter.
If the creatures are all fluffy than the choices are back to not being different!
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2014, 10:01:15 pm »

If the creatures are all fluffy than the choices are back to not being different!

They're going to have abilities based on their myths and myths tend to have a fair amount of variety depending on the area...

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2014, 10:03:57 pm »

They're going to have abilities based on their myths and myths tend to have a fair amount of variety depending on the area...
I meant in the fuzzy/cuddly sense. Can I please have a wambler?
My Area

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2014, 10:13:33 pm »

Edit: also, what did you vote on that you want to change to 3?
I didn't, is the point. You asked us to use 2 votes, I only put one in.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2014, 11:06:51 pm »

I didn't, is the point. You asked us to use 2 votes, I only put one in.

Ah.  Well it looks like we now have a 3 way tie.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2014, 12:42:06 pm »

Winning by 2 votes is the Twelfth Legion.  Initial turn will be posted soon.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2014, 12:44:53 pm »

Well, I did not expect my submission to beat Harb's... hehe.

I await the first turn with much anticipation.
This is a blank sig.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2014, 01:24:11 pm »

And now that I know the appropriate fluff, my character.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2014, 03:53:55 pm »

You are The 12th Legion.  You have been established within the Theme of Sebastea by decree of the Emperor, as advised by some of the nobility, to do a search into attacks by various beasts that are know to have existed within the myths of ancient civilizations that inhabited the area.  If the reports of attacks by these creatures are found to be false, it has been decided that you would be shifted into a force to fight against the Muslim invaders in the case that they launch an attack, or the Emperor decides to strike back and retake some of the old lands that have been conquered by their forces.

(950 was the closest I could find.  Red is your base, Green is possible missions)

The home fortress of operations was built a distance away from the geopolitical center, focused more towards the border with the Muslims.  Two reports have come in.  The northern is a single unnatural creature having been spotted among the terrain.  The southern, a village destroyed through means deemed to be through weaponry unused by any conventional military.  Both are a three day journey by foot to reach from the base of operations.  You have been given full autonomy for actions, as long as you do not compromise the laws of the empire, or betray the Emperor.

The Council (all PC's) now meet to determine their course of action for the coming weeks...

Spoiler: Base (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Military Supplies (click to show/hide)

(Long delay due to having to do a lot of research to make sure this was historically accurate.

Note to Everyone about RP'd conversations that compose the council meeting: don't forget the time period.  General attitude towards females would be that they were lesser and did not belong on the battlefield, so, just before the first fight, have the males be a little bit dismissive at least.  A battle could change this, but for a fresh recruit, keep that in mind.)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile

Sonya studied the map carefully. She seemed unwilling to be the first to speak, for fear she might say something which would cause the others to look down upon her. This was her big shot at chasing her dreams; she couldn't screw it up with a few stupid words.

EDIT: ((Can I at some point go back and change the fluff in small ways, since it mentions a nonexistent group?))
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 04:04:03 pm by Samarkand »
My Area

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Siggurd: I say we investigate this village. If it is a monster, we can see about slaying it. If it was by human hand, we can give a report to the armies of the Empire so they may retaliate.

(For equipment, I'll go Bow, a quiver of arrows, and a battle axe. Since my role is scout, I'd rather not be weighed down by armor)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile

Siggurd: I say we investigate this village. If it is a monster, we can see about slaying it. If it was by human hand, we can give a report to the armies of the Empire so they may retaliate.

(For equipment, I'll go Bow, a quiver of arrows, and a battle axe. Since my role is scout, I'd rather not be weighed down by armor)
Sonya: "I agree, whatever attacked the village poses a more immediate threat to the people here. The beast in the north may not kill anyone, so long as people avoid it."

Sonya was quick to jump on the proposed plan. At least now there had to be one person who agreed with her.

(I'll take a javelin, if we're picking equipment. Also scout-like, so I'll also pass on the armor.)
My Area

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5