Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampires mod qustion  (Read 1443 times)

Shadow_Hornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampires mod qustion
« on: August 02, 2014, 09:04:10 pm »

I was wondering what tag I remove if I want my vampires to not slow down from not having a drink.

Also can a vampire's skills and attributes still go higher after becoming a vampire?

I like to make a all vampire fortress.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Vampires mod qustion
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 09:13:26 pm »

Remove [ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT] from dwarves to prevent them from being affected by lack of alcohol.

Unless it has been fixed, you should still be able to increase in attributes after becoming a vampire. They are not supposed to increase, but the tag didn't function properly in previous versions. Skills are not affected by vampirism.

Shadow_Hornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 09:29:13 pm »

thanks

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 12:05:46 am »

This is my go-to fix:

Find these lines in the Dwarf entry in creature_standard.txt:
Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]

and add this directly below it:
      [SYNDROME]
               [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
               [SYN_INGESTED]
               [CE_REMOVE_TAG:NO_DRINK:START:0]

This edit only comes into effect when a creature (such as a Dwarf... or a Vampire Dwarf) drinks Dwarven blood. It removes the NO_DRINK tag (if it has it) and allows them to consume alchohol as needed. They'll still take victims and drink blood, too.

It may have changed in 40.0X, but I've been using the edit and so far haven't had any problems. I haven't had any vampires yet, though, either.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 03:55:07 pm »

This is my go-to fix:

Find these lines in the Dwarf entry in creature_standard.txt:
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]

and add this directly below it:
      [SYNDROME]
               [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
               [SYN_INGESTED]
               [CE_REMOVE_TAG:NO_DRINK:START:0]

This edit only comes into effect when a creature (such as a Dwarf... or a Vampire Dwarf) drinks Dwarven blood. It removes the NO_DRINK tag (if it has it) and allows them to consume alchohol as needed. They'll still take victims and drink blood, too.

It may have changed in 40.0X, but I've been using the edit and so far haven't had any problems. I haven't had any vampires yet, though, either.
Swish city. Nicely done. This'll have weird effects in adventure mode, I expect, but oh well. (Do the tweaks people know about this? are you a tweaks person?)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 06:11:25 pm »

Small tweak to that fix, but if you make it:
[CE_REMOVE_TAG:NO_DRINK:START:0:END:11200]Then it will still allow vampires to drink alcohol (thus removing their thoughts about not having a drink) but will mean that they still won't ever die of dehydration (since they should regain the NO_DRINK token shortly before the point of death). This will allow you to still use vampires as captive lever pullers if you want to without needing to worry about ensuring that they have something to drink.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 10:51:22 pm »

@Agent_Irons, it was a solution several posters & myself stumbled upon in a similar discussion a couple of years ago.

If I remember correctly, the 'END' bit on syndromes didn't work back then, but if that's been fixed (I'd be surprised if not, after all this time!) then that's a valuable contribution, thanks i2amroy. :)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.