Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Various enhancements to the Q menu in adventure mode.  (Read 434 times)

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
Various enhancements to the Q menu in adventure mode.
« on: July 29, 2014, 09:03:25 am »

Right now we have a lot of information in the Q-menu in adventure mode, and we have a filter, but there's a lack of connection between seperate items.

I would find it very useful if an item mentioned other items, so it's easier to place it in context.

For example.

We have sites, and the blurb mentions what kind of site they are.

It'd be nice if we could also see things like:
  • What groups are vying over the control over the area(if we know)
  • Which people we know in the area
  • What events happened in the area(if we know)
  • What shops are in the area(if we know or visited those)
  • What the trade partners are(if we asked)
  • What animals are in the area

Similarly, people could have a mention of where the adventurer last saw them, which rumours they are connected to(we already get to hear when we were told to ask them for directions, or how well we know them), and their family.(And perhaps for the future visual descriptions, so you can not just ask for a location, but rather what the person in question looks like. Fun ensues when people are making up what they look like, so you end up with a Dwarven axeman of 3 meters tall, with bloodred eyes and scars over their body, while in reality Urist is just an average dwarf.)

It doesn't have to give a full description of each item, but a name would just be nice to connect things together, I always find myself very disorientated when starting a new world because you get like 20 new names to remember, and I barely know where I am as new adventurer.

And while I do use a notebook when adventuring, having some help from the Q-menu would be nice as well.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!